Prologue

For as long as I can remember, I've been on my own. No one to support me. No one to help me. When I was seventeen, my parents died in a fatal car accident, leaving me alone. Since then I had no financial resources, a home, nothing. I somehow managed to finish up high school with help from one of my teachers, Mrs. Anderson. She's been like a mother to me. She gave me a temporary home and taught me almost everything I needed to know.

From high school, Claire aka Mrs. Anderson, wanted me to attend college to get my Masters. Even though I refused she would of insisted resulting in me ending up in Manhattan College. It was a private institution that offered undergraduate programs in the arts, business, education, health, engineering, and science. So there I was, living my life as a normal person would of. I would be educated, get a job, find love, marry, have kids, you know girl stuff.

My destiny however had other plans. Destiny decided for me to find myself pole dancing in a strip club run by mafia men. Oh wonderful I know. Note: Sarcasm. Okay so. Mafia. Let me explain. When you're out clubbing with some friends and getting drunk, you just really don't care right. I cared however. I thought that maybe I should get home to my apartment before something bad happens.

Unlucky me, something bad always happens to me. Good mood, bad mood it just happens. I somehow was kidnapped and sold off to Lorenzo Roberto. Lorenzo was the most feared man in Italy and America. For someone so hot, you would of expected him to be a fricking Calvin Klein model.

Let's make long story short and skip the cliché part, we 'fell in love' as most people would put it. I however would say it's a love-hate relationship. One minute, it's all 'I Cant Live Without You'. Next it's, You're the worst thing that's ever happened to me.

Well I must admit, I'm clearly not the easiest person to deal with but I loved him and I will never admit it. He loved me but he wouldn't admit it also. So I decided to leave. Lorenzo made me live with him and whenever I had to go to 'Work', he'd carry me, just like a happy ordinary couple who wasn't involved in the mafia and wasn't a stripper. :)

I knew all of his men from his most trusted to weakest. I was friends with most of them which made trust levels go up. It also made escaping easier. So one day, stole Lorenzo's Skyline, changed my name and look and took a one way flight from Italy back to Manhattan. I couldn't finish college anymore so I worked in a diner. From since then my life's been easy and for once normal but I still a target on my back.

I knew that one day he would be back for me and he will use his element of surprise. Luckily I know Lorenzo. I mean, he's the only guy I ever fucked and fell in love with. I know him a little too good though but I was proud of it. I just had to be careful with who I'm around and where I go.