•Chapter 43•

The tension in the room was thicker than mud. Unlike everyone else, Angelo and I were the only ones unfazed by Lorenzo's behaviour. Angelo was nonchalantly eating his meal and dare I say even enjoying the looks on everyone's faces when he'd look up. He didn't even acknowledge poor Marilyn who had been latched on to his bicep like a snake.

     I made eye contact with her accidentally. The moment our eyes met, tears began to well up and her pouted lip began to tremble.  However, I saw passed it. Lorenzo said in order to lure the snitches out, we had to act cold, make them plead and trap them until the truth was out.

     I turned my head away and at the platter stacked with delicious cannoli. I picked up one as i pretended not to see Marilyn's face twist in annoyance was it? As i munched on my precious cannoli, my attention was back on Lorenzo, who was now caressing his gun like a maniac in love.

     "Lorenzo." Nico held up his hands cautiously and looking at Lorenzo with pleading eyes. "We can talk this out like the grown-ups we are. You jumping to conclusions isn't going to get us anywhere."

     Lorenzo rolled his eyes before a wicked smirk came to his face. "Let's play a game.... only in this game, you don't really know how to play." Lorenzo's eyes fell on me before he smirked. "Bambola why don't you start?"

     I shoved my cannoli into my mouth. My hand reached under my shirt and i tingled a bit when my fingers wrapped around my gun. Without warning, I whipped it out and shot Marilyn.

Or at least I would've if it was loaded.

      Marilyn screeched flying ten feet up in the air. Her eyes were squeezed shut as she took heavy quick breaths. Angelo chuckled and this caused her eyes to fly open, tears finally running down her cheeks. Her face was a cherry red as she screamed, "Are you crazy?! You fücking psychopath!"

     She then turned to face Angelo. "And you!! How can you laugh at that?!" Donny's face held pure shock as did Adriano and Rico. Nico's expression was surprisingly serious as his eyes were trained on my gun.

     "Now now Marilyn sweets," Lorenzo mockingly patronized," We don't use such disrespectful and disdainful words at the dinner table. Clearly someone has a potty mouth." Lorenzo twirled his pointer finger, a gesture to continue.

     Without thinking, I pointed the gun at Donny and pulled the trigger, only this time did i feel the force of the gun firing. The bullet shot passed Donny and embedded itself into the expensive painting behind him. Donny glared at me and i only smiled as much I could with a cannoli hanging from my lips, the sweet cream dripping out from the cannoli shell and on to my chin.

     "The fact that you fire a gun at me says a lot, Bri." Donny sneered looking quite like a raging bull. 

      "It also said a lot when you sold confidential information, Donny." Lorenzo stood up patting down the front of his suit. He made a gesture to Angelo, who gave him a file. "Oh Donny. How disappointed I am in you."

     Donny was baffled to silence. His mouth opening and closing like a fish out of watee before he yelled," I would never!" He slammed his palms down on to the table causing it to vibrate violently. His locked onto Lorenzo's before he continued, "I am loyal to you and only you. I'm fücking family in this bitch. Betraying you would never cross my mind! "

     Lorenzo tsked before shaking the file in his hand. "This says otherwise Donny. Not only was a quarter million in cash stolen, three industrial containers filled with ammunition and grade A fucking drugs. More than fifty million disappeared-- all of which you were in charge of. So tell me Donny, where's my shit?"

     Donny was firm and clear with his words, even with my gun still aimed at him and under Lorenzo's unrelenting glare. "I don't know. You have my full loyalty."

     "If you don't tell me in the next ten seconds, then I will put a bullet into your brain." Lorenzo picked up his gun and placed his finger over the trigger.

     "Then do what you must." Donny shrugged.

     Ten. Everyone held their breaths.

     Nine. Donny remained calm and collected.

     Eight. Adriano and Rico were looking back and forth at Lorenzo and Donny, the anticipation written clearly on their faces.

      Seven. Marilyn started gnawing away on her bottom lip, eyes downcast.

       Six. Donny still hadn't said a word.

        Five. Rico was starting to get worried. He was now at the edge of his seat, probably waiting to throw himself in front of Donny.

       Fou-- 

    "It was me." Marilyn stood before apologetically looking at Angelo. "I'm sorry bu--"

      She couldn't finish her sentence before she was shot in the center of her head.

     Lorenzo wasn't the one to pull the trigger.

••••••••••••

Hi :)

I have some questions for yalllllllllll

How do you feel about smut? This book lacks it and there's this shitty ass scene from i think Chap 9 or 10?

    I honestly so insecure about writing these type of scenes because i don't know if the mass of readers would like it? And also, i think I've read enough smutty ass novels on Wattpad to become a sexually experienced virgin. 😂

But like yeah? Tell meeeeee... should  I or should i not???

Now.

Thoughts on this chapter?
Donny?  Marilyn?
I DARE YOU TO SAY THAT THAT PLOT TWIST DIDN'T HIT YOU HARD IN THE BALLS...OR VAGINA... (equality peopleeee) lmao

BUT YESSS... THOUGHTS MY LOVES?
Also i found the song "Trust in me" was perf because  you know.. snakes and trust. HA