•Chapter 3•

This morning I woke up like a zombie. I walked straight to the kitchen and made breakfast. After eating, I looked at my phone.

1 Text Message.

I opened the file and what I saw next was shocking.

'Hello Bri. Miss me? I know you have.' -Unknown number.

I started panicking. Right off the bat I knew it was Lorenzo. Who else would it be? Today was Saturday so I didn't have work today. I could get a ticket and go to London but it's not happening. I don't have that kind of money. What am I going to do.

Hurriedly, I showered and wore a pair of jeggings and the flannel shirt. Slipping into my brown combat boots, I grabbed my phone and my purse. It's not safe to be out in the open but fuck it. Lorenzo knows I don't take shit from anybody and most certainly not him.

Exiting my apartment, I locked the door and signaled a taxi. "Evergreen Terrace please," I said to the old man driving. Evergreen Terrace belong to my beloved Claire. She stopped teaching a year ago. I had to lie and tell her that I gave up in college and went abroad for a while. Poor Claire believed me and I could never forgive myself.

Reason I lied to her was because of Omerta. Omerta is the code of silence. It's being silent about criminal activity and the refusal to give authority any information and/or evidence. I wouldn't break that because the consequences by all means is death and/or torture.

The taxi pulled up to the street and I paid, getting out. I walked to Claire's house and knocked, looking at my surroundings mindfully. The door opened and revealed a woman dressed in her night gown. "Claire I'm so sorry for waking you!" I looked at the blonde head woman rubbing her eyes.

"Oh my god!" Claire exclaimed," Bri Bri! Come in! It's nothing sweety. As long as it's you waking me up like this I'm fine." I stepped into the well decorated home of the Andersons. "You already ate?" I watched Claire's petite figure disappear into the kitchen.

"Yea. I'm just passing through really," I sighed. I waited as Claire came back out and sat opposite me. She studied me and I studied her back. Old age was catching up to her. Wrinkles are starting to be seen. Claire was a very beautiful woman back in high school. Her blue eyes never left my face. "Oh my dear! I'm going to be out this weekend I need time to pack! Run to the store and get me some  you know. . . girl stuff," She clasped her hands.

I nodded as she gave me some change. Luckily the store wasn't too far from the house. It was only a block away. I left the house and started walking hastily. That message from earlier rattled my nerves. Before I knew it I reached to store. I didn't stick in getting the things and paying.

Leaving the store, my phone bleeped.

'I see you' -Unknown number.

Looking around, I saw a silhouette looking in my direction. I couldn't quite see the face. A couple walked passed by and it was gone. This is getting crazy. I jogged back to the house and delivered the bags.

"Claire I must go," I called out.

"Okay dear. Leave the stuff on the counter!" I did as I was told and left.

Maybe I should of stayed with Claire. I would be safer at least but I need the comfort of my apartment. If I get kidnapped first thing I'm doing is kicking Angelo where the sun doesn't shine. Stupid Angelo. Hailing a taxi, I felt a presence. Shit Shit Shit. Getting into the taxi I gave the driver my address.

Shortly after I arrived and got out. I wasted no time opening my door and getting in. After locking my door, I jammed my back against it, sighing. Hang on a sec! Didn't I lock my door when I left?

"Yes you did," a smooth voice said. I looked at the silhouette sitting on my couch.

" Whoever you are get out," I threatened. The figure stood up and proceeded towards me. I immediately moved out of the way and ran to the kitchen. I needed something to protect myself. Opening my drawers, all of my knives were gone.

"You wont find any knives, bambola(doll)" I stopped everything. It was him. Lorenzo. I turned around and made eye contact with steel grey eyes. I stared at him with my mouth slightly open. He started advancing towards me.

"Stay away from me Lorenzo," I pressurized but he wont heed me. I felt behind me not taking my eyes of Lorenzo. By now he stood in front me. I still reached his chin. Grabbing whatever object my hand touched, I held it up," Move or else I will spoon you!" I looked at the spoon in disbelief. Really? A spoon?

"Bambola," Lorenzo warned," Put the spoon down. I'm scared shitless" He taunted.

"Vaffanculo," I snarled (Fuck you)

He chuckled," You already have." Taking my spoon armed hand, he lowered it. His touch made me feel weak at knees. Stupid Lorenzo.

"Get out Lorenzo," I growled," You are not wanted here."

"Come back to me, cioccolato ," He whispered looking me straight into my eyes. It's something I haven't seen in a while. His eyes were pleading and somewhat sincere. He quickly hid them leaving me looking into lifeless steel grey eyes.

"No," Before I realized what was happening, he had a fist full of my hair. I groaned in pain.

"You want me drag you out bombola?" He let out a low growl.

"Fucking try culo(ass)" I kneed him in the crotch. He fell to his knees and I kneed him in his face. I swore I could have felt his nose breaking with the contact. I ran to my room and locked the door. Placing a chair against the doorknob, I thought of a way to get out.

Shit.