•Chapter 13•

"Okay so," Mari clasped her palms excitedly," Next hour is your performance and it's my job to transform you." a wide grin plastered onto her face.

"Well okay," I narrowed my lips and walked over to a high stool," You really don't need to though."

" I insist," she smiled and then began to work on my face. I was slightly anxious to see what I'd look like honestly. Anxious because I felt the wetness of liquid foundation on my skin. It made me slightly uncomfortable and fidget a lot.

" Don't you think you're applying too much foundation?" I groaned.

"Nope." She said while popping the P. I huffed and slouched my back.

After what seemed like forever she finally released me from my lockdown and stepped back. "Gorgeous," She gushed and clasping her hands," I see why Mr. Lorenzo takes interest in you."

Rolling my eyes playfully, I twisted myself towards the mirror. I gasped and turned around to look at Mari. I then looked back at the mirror and then her. "Wow," I breathlessly said while touching my lips," I look hot. Oh my god! It looks like I dont even have makeup on!"

"Well your natural beauty helped alot unlike some girls here," She giggled softly, "Plus I was well am. A makeup artist. "

I looked at her through the mirror in shock. Mari didnt seem like someone for an interest in makeup. She seemed more proper. Posh. Perfect. In my eyes she could've been a business woman.

"You have an amazing talent," I smiled.
"Thank you," She Replied. She then walked over to a hanger filled with bunches of lingerie. "Here,"She tossed me a navy blue number and I examined it.

"See, I have connections that I can get lingerie that actually covers up," She smiled softly as she looked at the rug.

Smirking, I walked over to her slowly while dragging out the connections in a sickly sweet Innocent manner.

Looking at me with wide eyes, she snapped out whatever daze she was in and stepped back. "Well um.. Err.. Story for another time?" She brought her hands to her chest and smiled nervously.

"Okayyy," I teased as she laughed.
"Now get into the lingerie, " she looked at the wall behind me,"You have forty minutes to get in it and for me to style your hair."

"Sheesh okay mum," i snorted and walked behind a divider.

∆----------------------∆

I huffed as I stormed back into the changing room. Slamming the delicate door behind me, I plastered my back on it and slid down.

I wasnt crying. I wouldn't cry. I couldn't. Instead I stared forward and let my heart break into little pieces and my brain enter wave of frustration.

I hate him. I hate the way he looked at me on stage. I hated the fact he was even there. I hated the way a pesky blonde made herself comfortable on his lap while he smirked at me. I hated the way she kissed him. I hated the way he closed his eyes in bliss.

I hate myself for ever getting involved with him.

"Bri?" Mari soft voice sounded from behind the door,"I saw what happened. Are you okay?"

I slowly moved away from the door, contemplating whether to let her provide some form of comfort or chase her away.

Only because I liked Mari that much I opened the door and peeked through the slit. "You know asking a broken girl if she's okay adds on damage," I whispered softly. So soft that she probably didnt hear me.

"Im sorry.." Mari casted her gaze downwards and then looked me in the eye," May I?"

Taking in a deep breathe, I let it go. "You may," I stepped away from the door and let her enter.

"I don't know what happened between you two but. After your performance was over and yiu stormed off the stage, he looked...concerned..." Mari trailed off looking behind me.

I smirked lightly at her. "You expect me to believe that? " I tilted my head downward and looked at her with questioning eyes. "Lorenzo would never do that. - I rolled my eyes- Feel concern. For me." I huffed in annoyance, " He must've smirked at my despair and humiliation." I looked at her, narrowing my lips," He doesn't care. I get that maybe you're trying to make me feel better but. It's not working. "

Marilyn sighed and looked down at her bedazzled stilettoes. "Oh well. I tried," I looked upwards and ran a hand over her face.

Then she began cussing," Ah shit! My makeup. Goddamnit!" She ran over to the mirror and began checking her makeup. "Thank god it's still there."

She turned around as I stared at her like she was crazy. "What?" She looked to the side then me.

I bursted out laughing. "Your face. Makeup. That wobble you call a run though! Miss Penguin!" I chortled crazily as she in turn scowled.

"Shut up You," She rolled her eyes but then proceeded to smile an almost invisible smile when she thought I wasnt looking.

"Oh well-" i was cut off by two heavy knocks on the door. I opened the door and Donny stood, smiling.

"Time to go, Trouble, " I rolled my eyes at his long time nickname.

"I'll see you again Marilyn! " I walked over to her and hugged her.

"Of course. But before you go," she threw a black dress towards me. "Put This over." I pulled the dress over and fixed my hair.

The black dress fitted loosely and comfortably. I gave her a last hug and walked out following Donny. Soon we were in the parking lot, entering the car.

When I arrive back at that prison, I'm gonna ignore everything and walk straight to my room. Everything including Lorenzo.