•Chapter 38•

There was a ringing in my ears as I looked around. Everything was blurry and shaky. The car was now up in flames and parts were scattered around me. I touched my head slowly and as softly as I could when a wave of pain hit me. I felt it. The sticky wet substance. Blood.

     Blood coated my fingers and I frowned before shakily getting to my feet. I felt the heat of the flaming car against my face. I really liked that car. Lorenzo's probably going to cry like a baby. My eyes widened at the thought of Lorenzo.

     Where was he? He was sitting on his knees, looking into the flames with an expression I couldn't decipher. My eyes glanced at the car. I had to tear away my eyes. The flickering red of the flames were teasing as if it was saying "You should've been in here."

     With wobbly knees and a weak body, I limped towards him.  Placing my hand on his shoulder, he looked up at me with tears in eyes. "You could've died," he whispered, his voice cracking and hoarse. 

     His eyebrow was bleeding and his hands were grazed and smeared with blood. His shirt was untucked and ripped and a shoe was missing, exposing his pineapple socks. My baby looked like shit and I'm sure I looked even worse.

     "I'm going to find who did this." His tone was hard and words slow as if he was making a promise. It sent a shiver down my spine but it was the look in his eyes. There was a fire in his eyes as they burned with anger and menace.

     I sat next to him, not bothering to say anything. I didn't need to. It was almost like the words were silently passed. I placed my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I just needed to sleep.

××××××××××

      Lorenzo and I were being treated accordingly when we arrived back at the estate. Donny was pissed when he found us. He hadn't said a word since. Marilyn was upset and couldn't stop crying. She refused to leave the room that she held on to the bed railings when Angelo came to get her. If it wasn't for Rico to pry her fingers free, my bed with me on it would be leaving the room along with Angelo and Marilyn.

     Lorenzo has been busy since however. He only had a few scrapes and bruises so he left as they were cleaned. I was on bed rest for a bit since I had a small concussion. There were a few scrapes like Lorenzo's but since I wore a dress, my knees took the fall and the cuts were deep. My ankle was swollen too.

     "But hey!" I beamed up at Rico and Nico. They had been keeping me company since Marilyn left. "I'm engaged!" I yelled as I flashed my ring around.

   While Nico congratulated me, Rico criticized my ring till no end. "It's so bland." His nose was scrunched up with distaste and his lips set into a thin line. "I honestly thought Lorenzo would've gotten something a little --A lot-- Bigger. He seems like a big guy..."

     Of course my nasty mind had to make an internal comment about how big he really was. Thanks brain.

     I shrugged my shoulders before twisting the ring on my finger. "I like it. It's simple and cute."

     There was a long silence before Nico spoke. "He's very focused to find whoever's doing this." Nico had a distant look on his face and Rico became guarded.

     I let out a long sigh before looking up at the ceiling. "I don't think he's ever been this pissed before." At least not as bad as last time when I was kidnapped. "Lorenzo's going to do worse than just kill whoever is behind all of this."

      "What about you?" The question caught me off guard as it left Rico's mouth.

    "What about me?" I ask unsure.