•Chapter 40•

○Chapter 40○  

       "You're kidding?" I laughed out and placed a hand on his shoulder to prevent myself from falling over. I found this pretty funny-- no, hilarious that he'd say that at a time like this. When Donny however gave no reaction and kept his face serious was when I actually started to get worried. "Right?"

      Donny sighed heavily and pinched the bridge of his nose. His shoulders slumped forward before he closing his eyes and saying," I honestly couldn't believe it myself. But everything fell into place when Angelo and Lorenzo were kidnapped. I did a lot of investigating and everything was suddenly too straight forward to not believe."

      It made me think back to when he isolated himself from everyone during that time. His cold attitude and harsh tone.

     "So you knew and didn't think to tell me?" I was honestly hurt by this. What if they found out he knew and hurt him? Or worse, killed him? God forbid that happens.  I wouldn't have been there to help him protect himself. It's not like I can do a lot but Donny was special to me and whatever little thing I can do to help, I would.

      "I was in denial, Bri. You know how it feels to trust the one person you want to trust the most. And then Marilyn, I know how close you both have become. What about Adriano too? Lorenzo actually liked the guy enough to befriend him but he was so blinded by loneliness, he didn't look into details as he normally would."

     I shook my head as I pulled Donny closer to me. I placed my head on his shoulder and let him hold me because we both needed it. "I'm sure Rico loves you... But I'm not going to influence your decision about this. As for Marilyn, I... I don't know. And what did you mean by Lorenzo looking into the details?"

    "I mean that no one's enemy  is just going to call a life-long rivalry quits high and dry just like that. I'm surprised Lorenzo even let it go as easily as he did--

    I remembered the time where I told Lorenzo that fighting with Adriano all the time wasn't necessary especially when he was helping us. I felt guilty now knowing he was trying to listen to me.

     "And when he said that Adriano helped him "plan" the date? I called bullshit when I heard about it. Adriano didn't plant that bomb there but he set up the entire thing while whoever he's working with did the real dirty work."

     And just like that I let a sob out before shutting my mouth up. I shouldn't be crying. No, I need to strong right now. But the pain in my chest from knowing that this entire family was betrayed the way it was.. after we accepted them... it made me angry. Angry at myself for trusting so easily and angry at them being so manipulative and deceitful.

     I pulled away from Donny and threw myself on his bed. "What are we going to do?"

     "You and I are going to fix this."

●●●

    Hi     : )

   Merry Christmas (even though it's been five days) but yeah.

  Here's a lil something because I didn't want to keep y'all waiting and I want to finish this book and I'm super excited for the end of thissssssssss. Ou mah gawd. .

  But yes.

   E N J O Y !

   Also can we talk about how beautiful Toni Mahfud is? And like, how much of a human being he is?  It's impossible to not love him so much. LIKE look at this

Toni is perfect. *swoons and falls over into a pit of feelings* 

   And peep my dad Brandon Rogers too. ❤❤