•Chapter 21•

And the moment you've been alllllll waiting for!
This chapter is about Lorenzo and what he does.

He couldn't stop staring at her as she slept. Her head rested next to his on the pillow and their feet tangled up together in the confinements of the silky sheets.

Her fingers were logged in his thick wavy hair like she always does when they slept. He loves when she does it. He feels as if she's protecting him, not physically but emotionally.

It's been two weeks since she was drunk and he carried her to his room. Everything's been going smoothly and they haven't had a fight in such a long while.

It was only last three days ago, she started sleeping with him before she fully replaced all her things back inside his room. His heart swelled with emotion as he thought of waking up beside her like this every morning. He lifted his head and strained his neck to see the time.

6:45 a.m.

He groaned quietly. He hoped it was at least five. He felt it hard to get out of bed now and his body didn't want to leave the one next to him.

But he had to. Today he had an important meeting. It would require him to be gone for two days. He won't be able to lay beside Brianne tonight or wake up to her angelic face in the morning.

He slowly slipped out of Brianne's embrace and walked to the bathroom. While brushing his teeth, he stared at his reflection in the mirror. He's changed a lot compared to when he met Brianne.

Before he met Brianne, he was always dull and serious. He was brutal when it came to business. As to his loyalty and respect, it was very hard to earn it yet very easy to break. He was merciless and unforgiving about those two traits; especially loyalty.

Now his eyes shine brighter with life. He didn't always look like a serious man with a stick shoved up his butt. He came to learn about second chances. Something Brianne taught him. Given that he always did shit to her yet she forgave him. Second chances.

He spat the foam into the sink and rinsed his mouth. He stared hard at his reflection, his shoulders flexing as he closed his eyes.

He regretted it. Of all the mistakes he's done, hurting Brianne was the most largest weight of all. Exhaling harshly, he removed his clothes and stepped into the shower. He washed up and got out, drying himself.

He proceeded back into the room. He glanced Brianne to see her still soundly asleep as he walked to the closet. He wore a black slacks and a navy blue dress shirt, folding the sleeves to his elbows. He slipped a few gold rings on his fingers and a gold chain rested against his chest. After putting on a golden wrist watch, he pushed his feet into his black polished shoes.

He walked up to the bed and kissed Brianne on her forehead. It was already 7:30 and his jet leaves in fifteen. He didn't bother leaving any note for Brianne. He had already told her where he'd be going and when he'd be back.

Walking out of his room, he stalked to his office to get his briefcase. After obtaining it and checking to make sure he had everything, he then went downstairs and into a white Range Rover.

Lorenzo had his own PJ including a helicopter so it took five minutes to reach the take off zone. The flight to Venice from Bologna was an hour, forty one minutes. Reason he's currently going to Venice is because he's creating an alliance. He has a cousin by the name of Alberto. He and Alberto wasn't so close but they do have their moments.