Chapter 3

“Who are you,” his voice matched his looks.

“I’m Hazel Violet Green. I’m sorry to intrude Alice and Rosalie invited me over,” I said fighting down the blush that was making its way to my cheeks. He was utterly sexy. No other way to describe him. When I looked back up to his once golden topaz eyes were now dark brown; maybe even black.

“Weren’t his eyes just golden,” I asked myself mentally, “Maybe I’m seeing things.” He stared at me for a few minutes before speaking, “It’s alright. I’m Carlisle Cullen. It’s nice to meet you Ms. Green.” I held out my hand for him to shake, but instead he pressed his cool lips to the back of it before stepping passed me to get inside of his house. Remembering what I was doing I walked out to my car and grabbed the worn leather binder. There were papers sticking out and ink stains on it Alice it from my hands; spreading its contents on the floor.

“I like this one,” Rosalie pointed to a Victorian styled dress that had a modern spin on it.

“I love this one,” Alice held up a picture of a blue one shoulder top that was paired with white skinny jeans and black heels.

“They aren’t that great,” I mumbled blushing.

“What are you talking about! These are amazing,” Rosie said. Alice held up a design that was one of my favorites. It was a wedding dress that was an off white color. The top was tastefully decorated and the belt was jewel incrusted.  It was also strapless and sleeveless.

“Do you think you could design a dress for me on a dress for me or a shirt. I’ll pay you.” Rosalie asked looking up the slew of designs. I chewed my lip mentally going over my schedule.

“Yeah, I think I can do that….when do you want them? What do you want me to design?”

“Two shirts, a skirt, a dress, and shoes.”  I nodded jotting it down on my note pad.

“Alice would you like something,” I asked. She nodded asking for a dress, two skirts, four shirts, and shoes. The sun started to set so I figured it was time for me to go. I said goodbye to the boys, getting a hug from Emmett, and hugging Rosie and Alice.

Carlisle Cullen sat in his study taking large, unneeded, breaths. Never had he smelled blood so tempting, so sweet in his three hundred sixty-one years of living. Hazel Violet Green smelled like a fresh baked apple pie with French vanilla ice cream. And when she opened the door Carlisle knew he had found his singer. Dread coursed through him. Dread from the thought of slipping and killing her. Yes, the man gifted with self-control; Carlisle Cullen was scared of killing her. His years of control could go to hell if he wasn’t careful. However his joy was slowly pushing those thoughts away. Happiness, an emotion that he had been void of, consumed his whole being; he would have the chance of being with someone after Esme. Deep in thought Carlisle didn’t notice Jasper sitting in front of his desk.

“Carlisle,” Jasper’s southern voice brought him back to Earth.

“Yes, Jasper,” Carlisle asked his voice quiet as if he didn’t want others to hear his conversation even though his study was sound proof.

“Are you…okay,” he asked; being the first to ask in months.

“I think everything will get better son.”

“Hello,” I asked answering my phone.

“Ms. Green,” My assistant Jesse said.

“Jesse it’s good to hear from you,” I smiled, “What can I help you with?”

“Well I just got a call from the contractor and he said that the shop in Port Angels is ready for stocking.”

“Really, that’s wonderful. Will the shipment be here soon?”

“I will be arriving with the shipment in a day,” Jesse said.

“Thank you for doing this for me Jesse; you really didn’t have to move down here,” I poured the noodles I had been making into a colander. My tummy was growling from the anticipation of getting food. The last time I had eaten was this morning at the Cullen’s house.

“You’ve done a lot for me this is the least I could do for you.”

“I still feel the need to thank you. I don’t want you to get some sleep so you can catch your flight so good night Jesse.”

“Good night doll face.” I hung up putting my phone on the counter as I grabbed a bowl. Sitting on the couch I put the bowl of spaghetti beside me and opened my laptop. I had an e-mail from Forks High School and La Push High School. Now I know you’re wondering why I would have messages from some small town high school. But the answer to that is that I volunteer. I also make costumes for the theater and dance programs.  Forks wanted me to help out with their arts classes. La Push basically wanted the same thing; seems like word has spread pretty fast that I was in town. Monday would be my first day as a volunteer at Forks; I would be at Forks Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I would be La Push Tuesday and Thursday.

Jesse's over to the side >>>>>>>>>>