Chapter 6

“I know what you, Alice, Carlisle, Rosalie, Emmett, and Edward are,” I said softly looking him in the eyes; my hand on his knee, “I have known for a while, about vampires. Being in the fashion business you come across many.” Shock crossed his face as I spoke.

“You,” he paused looking me hard in the eyes, “You’re not afraid?” I shook my head taking his hand in mine, “I know none of you will hurt me. I trust you Jasper.”

“But I could kill you,” his voice rose an octave.

“But you won’t Jasper, I have faith in you.” He looked away from me as if ashamed of something he’s done; or going to do. It was silent for a while.

“You should go to sleep. It’s getting late.” Agreeing with him I got up. Before leaving I kissed his forehead, “Goodnight.” With that I left climbing the stairs to my room. Getting under my warm blankets I quickly fell asleep.

The next morning I awoke at six forty-seven. A yawn escaped my lips as I made my way to the bathroom. I finished my morning routine and went into my closet to choose an outfit for today. I decided to wear a pair of jean shorts, hi top converse, and a striped long sleeved shirt. I also grabbed my hoodie incase I got cold.

“Good morning,” Jasper’s smooth voice startled me. Grabbing my chest I let out a calming breath. He chuckled looking at me amused.

“Good morning Jasper.” I walked towards the kitchen hoping I had enough time to eat something and get some coffee.

“I got you something from McDonald’s and the coffee Alice said you would like.”

“Why thank you Jasper that was sweet of you.” I kissed his cheek taking the bag from him. From the look on his face I could tell he would be blushing if he could. The doorbell rang and I gave Jasper a confused look; asking him with my eyes who it was. He just shrugged causing me to roll my eyes at him. I moved passed him quickly making my way to the door.

“Carlisle,” I greeted surprised, “Good morning.”

“Good morning,” he smiled.

“Is there anything I can help you with?”

“I’m here for Jasper.” I smacked my forehead, “Right of course. Jasper.” He was next to me within a few seconds smiling apologetically at his “father”.

“Thank you,” Carlisle said drawing my attention towards him.

“Oh it’s no problem Jasper’s wonderful,” I waved him off with a soft smile. I hugged Jasper kissing his cheek and saying good bye to him. Jasper walked to Carlisle’s black Mercedes getting into the passenger seat; leaving Carlisle and I alone.

“Hazel,” Carlisle said his eyes darting away from me nervously, “I was wondering if you’d...if you’d like to go to dinner with me this evening?” My cheeks turned an embarrassing shade of scarlet, “I would love to have dinner with you Carlisle.” Before I could even comprehend what was going on Carlisle kissed my cheek, “See you later.”

“Yeah...l-later,” I replied like a bumbling idiot in a daze. From where I was I could see Jasper’s teasing smile making me blush harder and shut my door. Classes at La Push started at seven forty-five so I decided now would be the best time to leave. I grabbed my bag, shoving my sketchbook into it, and the breakfast Jasper bought me. “I have to repay that kid later,” I thought starting up my car. Pulling into the parking lot I chose the parking spot closest to the school. Once again I could feel the eyes of the students on me. The lady in the front office had beautiful tan skin and chocolate brown eyes.

“Hello,” I smiled holding my cold vanilla bean frap between my hands.

“How may I help you,” she didn’t look up.