Chapter 18

“Why should I help you,” Edward said looking at his used to be family.

“For us,” Rosalie said trying to hold back her anger.

“For you,” Edward laughed, “You mean the people who kicked me out. You must be fucking senile then.”

“You got yourself kicked out, Edward. You were passing judgment on something you had no authority to pass judgment on.” Edward snorted rolling his eyes. They were in the living room trying to convince Edward to help them find Hazel. So far it wasn’t successful.

“Why doesn’t Carlisle ask me himself? Hmm-” Edward grunted when his back slammed into the wall. Emmett’s eyes were black and narrowed at Edward as he held him by his shirt; ironically the one Hazel made him.

“Carlisle has been stuck in a rut since he found out Hazel went missing. We’re lucky he even went to work this morning,” Emmett growled his voice becoming low and threatening, “And let’s not forget who broke them up. It wasn’t me, it wasn’t Alice, it wasn’t Rose, and it wasn’t Jasper. No it was you; you punk son of a bitch. The worst part is that you didn’t even have the balls to do it to her face. No you left a voicemail like a pussy. So you’re going to help us find Hazel because I’m done asking you. I’m telling you. Or I’m going to rip you apart. And it won’t be quick. No I’m going to start with your toes, then your fingers, and I’m going to make you watch as I burn you piece by piece. Do you FUCKING understand me?” Edward nodded quickly too scared to form words. For the first time in his life he was actually terrified for his life. Emmett dropped him walking away.

“Em-,” Rosalie tried to reach for his hand but he pulled away shaking his head.

“I need a minute,” he said leaving out the back door. She sighed looking at her husband before glaring at Edward.

“Are you happy, Edward? Are you fucking happy now.” She rushed upstairs to her room sniffling. Edward went up to his old room not wanting to be around Alice and Jasper. Alice turned to Jasper from her place at the bottom of the stairs, “When will you be back?”

“I don’t know, Alice, but you know where I’ll be,” Jasper replied before leaving out the back door. He stopped beside Emmett, who was leaned against a tree a few hundred yards away from the house, “Do you want to come with me?”

“Where are you going,” he asked pushing off of the tree.

“To look for my mom.” Emmett nodded following behind Jasper as they headed for her house. Sneaking into her house, that was still crawling with cops, Jasper tossed Emmett one of her shirts that he had taken from her closet also taking one for himself. Taking a deep breath they left in search for her.

“Where are we going now,” Emmett asked.

“We can’t do this alone,” Jasper replied crossing the treaty line. They had been searching their side of the forest for a few hours and had turned up with nothing so far.

“What are you doing?” Jasper paused looking over his shoulder at his adoptive brother, “Asking the wolves for help.” He didn’t wait for his brother to follow him as he continued walking. It didn’t take long for Jasper and Emmett, who surprisingly followed, to make it to the closest house that reeked of wet dog. Politely knocking on the door Jasper stood with his arms behind his back. The door opened revealing fourteen year old Jacob Black. Upon seeing Jasper and Emmett he tensed.

“What do you want,” he demanded tersely through gritted teeth. He didn’t know what it was about them but he knew deep down he didn’t like them.

“I nee-,”

“We,” Emmett interrupted.

“Yes we need to speak with your father,” Jasper continued.

“Jacob who’s at the door,” the gruff voice of Billy Black asked. Jake closed his mouth muttering, as he turned, something along the lines of pale freaks. Billy’s face hardened when he was sure his son was out of hearing range, “What do you want?”

“We need your nose,” Emmett replied tapping his nose.

“You’re looking for her,” he asked wheeling himself onto the porch. Jasper nodded stepping out of his way.

“Let’s face it the cops won’t be able to find her like we will,” Emmett replied.

“We only have one wolf that is able to help you like you want,” Billy started for Sam’s house.

“Thank you,” Jasper spoke. It didn’t take them long before they made it to a little house near the woods. Billy knocked on the door.

“Yes,” Sam yawned tensing slightly when an overly sweet smell hit his, now, sensitive nose.

“They need your help Sam.”

“Why should I help them,” he looked at the leeches his face hardening.

“Because it’s about Hazel and I’ll do anything to get her back, “Jasper said his eyes charcoal.

~Carlisle’s Point of View~

Today was my first day back at work since Hazel went missing and I found it harder to concentrate as the day went by. It was around five in the afternoon and my last patient had arrived. I looked at the chart having to remind myself what patient I’d be seeing; Joshua Rusk. A loud snapping sound brought me out of my anger induced rage. Pushing the, now, broken clip board into my desk i found a smile as I went to meet him.

“Dr. Cullen it’s great to see you,” He smiled following me back to one of the rooms.

“Mhmm,” I nodded. Doing the usual tests we were almost done with his check up when something inside me snapped.

“Is that all,” he asked slipping his shirt back on.

“No uh it looks like you’re due for a shot,” I replied filling it with a sedative.

“All right whatever.” Grabbing his arm, not too lightly I might add, I quickly found his vein jamming the needle in him.

“Ow what the hell man,” he spat ripping his arm out of my grasp; angry finger marks littering his forearm. “W-what the... what...t-the hell did you-.” He slumped falling back on the bed. Using my speed I put him in my car before clocking out.

“Good bye Dr. Cullen,” Jackie, the lady at the front desk, said. I smiled waving bye to her. On the drive home I couldn’t stop the sadistic smile that worked its way to my lips.

“Carlisle there’s a chair in the garage with restraints on it,” Alice said meeting me at the door.

“Thank you Alice. Is Jasper here?”

“No they went to go look for Hazel,” she replied. In the garage there were plastic sheets covering the floor and walls. Setting the, still, unconscious Joshua in the chair I strapped him in as tight as I could. I didn’t want to wait for him to wake up so I threw hot water that came out of the tea kettle on him. He screamed turning red from the heat.

“What the fuck Carlisle,” he shouted struggling against the belt like restraints, “Why are you doing this to me!?!”

“Where is she,” I asked ignoring his questions.

“Where is who,” he struggled more a bit of panic setting in.

“Hazel, where is she,” I circled around him like a skilled hunter. Then he did the worst possible thing; he laughed as if he was in control of the situation.

“Wrong answer,” I broke his pinky finger.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he said through grit teeth. I leaned on the arms of the chair getting in his face, “Now you’re going to tell me what I want to know or I’ll torture you in every way possible without killing you.” He glared spitting in my face I sighed wiping my face off with my sleeve. Grabbing pliers I clamped them down on one of his finger nails, “Where. Is. Hazel?”

“Go to hell!” I twisted the pliers slowly ripping the nail from the nail bed. He cried out tensing, “Fuck.”

This continued for many hours before he finally gave.

“Okay,” he panted, “I’ll t-tell you what I kno-ow.”

“I’m glad we could come to an agreement,” I smiled at him causing a shiver to go through his body.