Chapter 7

It had been a couple weeks since my date with Carlisle; that being the first of many. My store had been doing great, surprisingly getting many customers. Today was a chilly October morning. I had finished getting dressed and was heading out the door when I saw something peculiar. On my car stuck to the windshield was a note. Lifting up the windshield wiper I took it.

It is said that those

who’ve been bound by their wrist

have damage done to them.

I stiffened as I read over it. “Was this some sick joke? No one knows me here so…” I shoved it in my purse getting in my car and driving to my store. Work wasn’t too strenuous but between thinking about that mysterious note and rubbing my sore wrists it seemed harder than usual. That night when I got to my house I felt like I was being watched. Paranoia setting in I hurried to my door. Taking a quick glance back I jumped.

“Edward you scared me…Can I help you? Would you like to come in?” All he did was grab my wrist tugging me behind him as he rushed somewhere. My shouts were ignored by him. My eyes watered as his grip tightened on my already injured wrist.

“What’s wrong,” I heard myself ask again. Before I knew it we were at the Cullen’s home. Edward let me go making me slam against the couch. Jasper was in front of me hunched over; protectively.

“Move Jasper,” Edward growled crouching too.

“No,” Jasper growled back, he tackled Edward causing them to crash into the tv. Scrambling to my feet I screamed, “Stop! Stop please!” I tried to pull them away from each other. Pain erupted from my back and side as something hit me. My eyes started to close. Emmett was restraining Edward and someone was holding me.

“Hazel are you alright,” I couldn’t place the voice with a face but I knew they were worried. Momentarily my vision went black. When I opened my eyes I saw Carlisle peering down at me; an anxious look on his face.

“Hazel?”

“Yes,” my voice sounded foreign to me.

“Are you okay,” he asked helping me sit up. Not trusting myself to tell an efficient lie I nodded.

“What the hell is wrong with you,” Rosie shouted at Edward who was fuming from the rubble of what was once an arm chair.

“Don’t lie Edward because I’ll see it,” Alice hissed menacingly. It seemed that Edward was at a loss for words. Before he could utter a word Carlisle spoke heading over to the dining room table made from cherry wood, “Sit. We have much to discuss and some have a lot of explaining to do.” Jasper came in from the window by the kitchen. His once golden eyes were black. He helped me walk and sit in the chair at the head of the table. Once seated Carlisle began, “Edward I don’t know what has come over you but I don’t like this change.-“

“Jasper told her,” Edward spat out interrupting him, “She knows our secret.” Before anyone else decided to put their two-cents in I spoke, “Hey, Jasper did not tell me anything. For I had already known what you all were. Do you think that we, fashion designers, don’t get vampire clients? You’d be surprised by who wears some of my designs.” There was no malice in my voice; in fact it was barely above a whisper. Carlisle’s face shown shock at this new bit of information.

“The only reason I told Jasper was because I could see his anguish. I knew you all would’ve told me when ready. We all have our secrets,” I said vaguely bringing my eyes up to look at Edward. His eyes, unable to hold my gaze, fell to the table finding the lines of the finished wood interesting. I rubbed my bruised wrist knowing I wouldn’t be able to work for a week or two.