Chapter 22

All too soon he pulled back; his darkened eyes searching mine. The building silence was intense and my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. Carlisle ripped the heart monitor’s chord out of the wall.

“Hazel,” his soft smooth voice said. Hearing him say my name proved too much for the buildup of emotions and the heat of the moment caused tears to spill over and slide down my cheeks; my lip quivering. He wiped them away with his thumbs, “I’m so sorry that I didn’t let you explain. I thought I was going to lose you and I never want to be separated from you again. I realized when we were apart that you are the love of my life and I need you. I know you think you’re splitting up my family but you’re not. Hazel, that children love you; they were crushed when you went missing. Jasper and Emmett worked with the La Push wolves to try and find you. Alice went to the Denali clan to get help with Rosalie. Hell I even tortured someone just to get information about where you were. But that’s beside the point. The point is that we need you in our lives; all of us.” More tears came down as I smiled kissing him softly. I pulled back making him let go of me; looking down at my lap I tried to hide my face from him.

“I was so scared,” I choked out in a sob, “I was so scared that I wouldn’t be able to see any of you again.” He gently pulled me into a hug before I could say anything else. I cried silently into his chest gripping his shirt tightly.

“You’re not supposed to be talking,” his voice was a deep rumble in his chest relaxing me. I couldn’t help but giggle through my tears.

“What,” he asked amused.

“Jasper said the same thing,” the burning in my throat had become almost unbearable.

“He’s right,” he chuckled letting me lay back, “From this moment on no more speaking.” I rolled my puffy eyes playfully but nodded not the less. He sat in the seat Jasper had occupied and took my hand in his cold one. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much. Being around Carlisle filled me with this warmth that I couldn’t explain. He picked up the bottle of water that I had forgotten about and opened it holding it to my lips seeing as he had captured my hand again after opening the bottle.

Carlisle and I sat together until Dr. James came to kick him out because visiting hours were over. That night I found it hard to sleep because of the reoccurring nightmares- well memories. I almost ripped the IV out of my arm. The next morning I was up early; too early. I kept zoning out because I was so tired. I didn’t even notice the door open.

“You’re okay,” a familiar voice shouted scaring me. I didn’t get a chance to see who it was because they latched on to me.

“Seth,” Leah snapped, “She’s injured.” He pulled back rubbing the back of his neck blushing from embarrassment.

It’s fine I wrote smiling fondly at them. Harry was the next one to embrace me and I have to say I’ve missed him; all of them.

“How are you doing Hazel,” Sue asked after everyone had taken a seat.

I’m fine She gave me a disapproving look knowing I wasn’t fully telling the truth.

“Can I talk to Hazel alone please,” Harry said suddenly after a few moments of silence. Sue nodded getting up and ushering Seth and Leah out into the hall. Once they were gone I turned to Harry expectantly.

“I’m sorry Hazel. I promised to protect you and I let you down,” He was turned facing the window looking out, “When I went to Carlisle’s house to see if you were there but when you weren’t I thought you were dead. I thought Charlie was going to call me to tell me that I need to come to the morgue to identify a body.”  When he turned to look at me I could see tears running down his face. Not knowing what to say I opened my arms for him to give me a hug. I relaxed into his arms taking in his woodsy scent.

“You’re like a daughter to me, Hazel. I never want to go through that again. Please... please be careful.” I nodded kissing his cheek showing him I understand.

The next person to come visit me was Sam. He looked like he hadn’t slept in days and he looked... terrible.

What’s wrong Sam? My eyebrow furrowed in confusion and worry. He sighed slumping in the guest chair.

“I-I think that something is wrong with me Hazel,” he said running his hands through his, now, short hair.

What do you mean?

“I love someone else,” he said near tears. I frowned waiting for him to continue. He looked down at his hands, “Don’t get me wrong I still love Leah... but it just doesn’t feel the same. And that isn’t even the worst part Hazel. The worst part is that I’m in love with her cousin. She was here while you were gone and when I looked into her eyes I... I can’t even describe it.”

You imprinted?

“How do you know about that,” he looked shocked. I looked at him sheepishly I got curious about the legends and looked online. He shook his head chuckling at me.

“What do I do Hazel?”

You already know the answer to that sweetheart. He shook his head. You have to break up with her; or you’ll end up hurting her more. Again he sighed nodding,, “I know.” I gave him a reassuring smile patting his back.

______________________________________________

Hey guys I know this was a short chapter and it seems like a filler but it is necessary to the story. Chapter 23 is still being written but it will be out soon. Thank you for reading and adding my story to your libraries I really appreciate it- Izzy

Not Like The Movies (Carlisle Love Story)(Watty Awards 2013)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें