Chapter 8

“I would love to be your girlfriend Carlisle,” I smiled. He pulled me into a soft kiss. I kissed back wrapping my arms around his neck. After a few seconds I pulled away for some much needed air. Carlisle and I stayed snuggled up for the rest of the night.

The following week my wrists weren’t hurting as much and I could lift things so I went to work. Arriving at La Push I locked my car and started to make my way inside, but I was stopped.

“Hazel,” Leah’s voice called. Looking to the side I saw her leaned against a car with her boyfriend, Sam Uley.

“Hello Leah and Sam,” I smiled coming to a stop next to them.

“I told my mom about the modeling thing and she wants to meet you.”

“Of course,” I nodded, “Where would she like to meet?” She dug in her bag searching for something; finding it she pulled out a piece of paper.

“This is my address. My mom wants to talk to you there. If that’s okay?”

“Yeah that’s fine. Any specific time?”

“Sixish,” She said handing me the piece of paper. I nodded smiling at the pair and started to walk off.

“Hazel,” a deep rough voice called. I turned around looking curiously at Sam, “Yes?”

“I ummm I never thanked you for saving my ass a few weeks ago,” he rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably.

“Don’t worry about it,” I waved him if with a smile heading into the school. Thankfully I had wasted enough time to where the bell was minutes away from ringing. Joshua wasn’t in the class when I arrived, another thing I was thankful for; I put my bag on my desk and took out my sketch pad. It had been a while since I had sketched anything; something that I was mad at myself for. My hands shook when I picked up my pencil.

“Control yourself,” I snarled in my mind. This is bad; really really bad. I noticed class was about a minute in so I waited until Joshua wasn’t teaching.

“Yes,” Joshua said loudly when I stood.