Chapter 24

“Come on Jesse pick up your phone please its really important,” I all but screamed into my phone as I slipped on my heeled black lace up ankle boots. After button up my white winter coat I kissed Carlisle’s cheek, “I’ll be back soon I’m going to the Rez.”

“See you soon love,” he nods turning back to his book. I grabbed my keys and left shortly after. The ride there was quick and nothing out of the ordinary happened. Exiting my Camaro I practically skipped up the step leading to the Clearwater home. I knocked on the door rubbing my hands together.

“Coming,” I heard a voice I didn’t recognize call. The door opened revealing a tall tan skinned woman who looked about Sam’s age.

“Umm can I help you,” she asked confusion written all over her face.

“I’m here to see Harry, Sue, Seth, and Leah,” I replied shifting to keep warm. She reluctantly nodded moving aside so I could come in, “They’re in the living room.”

“Thanks,” I smiled heading that way, “And Merry Christmas.”

“Hazel,” Seth shouted seeing me enter the room.

“Seth,” I giggled as he jumped up hugging me, “Merry Christmas.” I kissed his cheek before moving on to Leah.

“It’s good to see you up and about Hazel,” Sue smiled as I got to her.

“Wait...Hazel as in Hazel Green,” the teen whose name I had yet to get asked astounded.

“That’s me,” I replied after greeting Harry.

“I love your clothes! I have this sweatshirt that you designed it’s grey and shows one shoulder,” she excitedly rushed out.

“Oh yeah you mean the one with spike on the shoulder that’s covered,” I nodded.

“How do you know her Uncle Harry?”

“She’s a family friend and cousin is a soon-to-be model for her,” he said to her before turning to me, “Hazel I would like you to meet Emily Clearwater my niece, Emily this is Hazel as you know.”

“It’s nice to meet you,” I hugged her kissing her cheek.

“What’s up Hazel? Did you need something,” Leah asked.

“I’m here for two reasons. 1. I have presents for you guys and 2. I have big news. So first lets get the presents out of the way.” It didn’t take long for me to get the five boxes out of my car trunk.

“Here,” I said heading them their gifts then setting the last one on the coffee table.

“Hazel you shouldn’t have,” Sue said taking out the check for fifty thousand dollars.