Chapter 30

Mikey pov

"Ray please? I don't understand why we can't make this work." I begged into the phone trying to hold off my impatience with him.

"There is no 'this' anymore, Mikey! If Gerard doesn't approve then I respect his choice. You should too. He's looking out for you." He was yelling now. These last few days have been tense for us. He's mostly been ignoring me. I was shocked he picked up the phone today.

"That's so dumb! Not to mention that you've been ignoring me lately! Even at school. Ray that's hurtful! Do you not have any feelings for me anymore?" I exclaimed in disbelief. "I love you." I sniffled and rubbed my eye.

"Mikey-I- you don't love me." He sighed. He sounded so strained.

"I do, Ray please." I insisted.

He sighed and there was a long pause before he said,"You know what? Gerard's right. There's an age gap and it's not what's best for the friendship between Gerard and I. For all I know he hates me." He mumbled as I heard his ragged breathing on the other end of the line.

"He's doesn't hate you, Ray." I muttered. I realize Ray obviously cares more about his friendship with Gerard then about what we had. I'm not gonna lie, that hurts like a fucking knife to the heart.

"He's ignoring me. It's not fucking fair. All because I made a mistake."

"So now you and I where a mistake?! You're fucking unbelievable!" I shot up from my seat almost knocking over some stuff off my desk in the process. "I thought you liked me! I don't understand why you aren't upset with Gerard? I am. He broke us up! He ruined what we had. Do you not care?!" I felt the sadness hit me like a train as the tears suddenly fell down my cheeks.

"I do still like you, Mikey. Things are just really complicated right now...I'm sorry." The anger melted away from his voice to a gentle tone as he reasoned with me.

"You're lying." I simply accused.

I was internally praying he would disagree with my statement but instead I was met with silence from the other end. "Mikey-"

"Wait! Where your feelings never there?" I scoffed. I felt my blood run cold at that thought and it made me want to explode.

"Don't say that! They where-are there! I'm just scared Mikey. Gerard's my best friend and I really can't stand him not talking to me. It feels weird. Not right. I feel like I fucking killed a mockingbird or something; I feel so guilty."

Once again, my anger was pointed back at Gerard. "Oh."

"And I'm sorry I've been ignoring you. I've needed to think! I didn't want to say the wrong thing to you when we eventually did talk...."

"So you've thought, and?" I just want Ray back and for Gerard to be supportive, an I asking for too much?

"MIKEY!!!!!" A muffled yell flowed into my room from down stairs. I rolled my eyes and peeked out my door expecting for Frank to be too short to reach a cup on the third shelf again or something. But no it was so much worse.

"What's going on?" Ray questions from the other end.

Gerard was on the ground with his head laying on Frank's knee. He was littered in cuts and bruises that decorated his face blue and purple.

"What the hell happened?" I exclaimed while running and collapsing to my knees at Gerard's side.

"I don't know!" Frank cried as a frantic and worried expression portrayed on his face as hot tears ran down his cheeks. "He just came in like this and passed out. I-should I call 911?" Frank was speaking a mile a minute.

"Frank, calm yourself. We might not need to call 911. He's just a little banged up. I grabbed the wet cloth from franks hand and rested it on Gerard's forehead.

"Hello? Answer me?" I hear the distant and sound of Ray from the phone.

"Something happened with Gerard today. You know?"

"No. Like I said he was ignoring me. Is he okay? Can I come over-"

"No." I cut in. We broke up and as far as I know where planning on staying that way. I don't want him here. I can't. "Look, I'll keep you posted."

"Mikey-"

I pressed the end button and helped went to the bathroom to grab some rubbing alcohol and Cotten balls. I cleaned the cuts on Gerard's face and replaced his wet cloth with an ice pack.

"What do you think happened?" Frank asked as he had his fingers lifted to his mouth as he chewed on his already painfully low nails.

"He probably pissed somebody off. Pretty badly considering he's like this, but I know Gerard. If he's hurt than whoever he fought must be in a condition worse than Gerard's. Gerard packs a punch believe it or not." I remember the the multiple times he's been suspended for this type of behavior before. Gerard's gotten his ass kicked bad but not like this.

Gerard's knuckles where swollen and bruised purple and I'm sure if I looked in other places on his body that aren't so great either.

Frank lifted Gerard into the couch and we watched him intently as we thought of possible scenarios of who and why someone would do this. It's most likely Gerard started the fight. It's what he does. Especially of he's already frustrated about something, it doesn't take much to piss him off.

Gerard's dramatic, he causes commotion and drama. Especially when it comes to something he cares about.

There was a urgent knock on the door and I dragged myself over to it. I swung it open to see a panting Ray. I frowned at him and he just looked around me to try and see inside.

"I know you don't want me here, but is he okay?" Ray asked as he caught his breath.

"Uh yeah. I-d-did you run here?" Ray nodded. He doesn't live that far away but still. "Where's your car?"

"I um...crashed it. Few days ago. He admitted while scratching the back of his head.

My eye brows scrunched together and I felt myself panic a little. "When did this happen?! Are you okay?" I may be mad at Ray but I'm not that soulless.

"I'm okay." He lifted a hand to show that his left wrist was wrapped up in gauze. "Sprained it. Situation could of been worse. My car on the other hand is completely totaled."

"What'd you hit?"

"Clipped a tree. That's also why I haven't been answering you. I've been stressed and busy. I didn't want that to affect anything I said so I waited. Now please?"  He babbled for he anxiously wanted to get to Gerard.

I moved out of his way so he could enter the household.

Hi!! So this was kinda dramatic right? No?
Anyways I just wanted to say thanks for commenting things about this fanfic and my other fanfics. Also thanks for voting! It makes me motivated! Okay, weirdness over :)
Bye
-Kayla cx