Chapter 2

October 10 (After the Kyubi attack)

Minato's POV

"Shiki Fujin!" Sarutobi shouted from the top of Enma's head. There was a sudden flash of bright light as the seal activated and Kyubi's form disappeared completely. After a few seconds, I could see sensei walking towards me in the distance with Naruto in his arms. I was shocked that he managed to use that seal and live to tell about it. "The sealing was successful Minato and your son is unharmed and healthy as a horse." Sarutobi said as he gave me Naruto.

"Glad to see you're still kicking Hiruzen and it's nice to know that Naruto is unharmed. I have to go now, I'm all out of chakra. See ya soon boys." Bunta said before disappearing in a puff of smoke, along with Enma.

"Now, we just have to focus on rebuilding the small part of the village that was destroyed and burying Kushina." I sighed sadly as I stroked Naru-chan's hair. "Looks like it's just us Naru-chan." I felt a tear slide down my face at the thought of not having Kushina around.

"Do not worry Minato. The pain will get better over time, I promise you." Sarutobi said patting my shoulder before entering the gates of the village.

"I hope so. We only lost one person today. That's a miracle considering how many we could have lost in that battle. I know Kushina would have been proud to know we saved our entire town from destruction, but it still doesn't make loosing her any less painful." I just wanted to go home and grieve with my son.

"I know son, I know. Kakashi and Rin are at your mansion, waiting on your return. I will head home to rest and send a messenger bird to the others in the morning. Get some rest Minato." Sarutobi said before teleporting home.

I walked into my house and was greeted by a crying Rin and Kakashi standing over a picture of Kushina.

"We're sorry we couldn't save her sensei." Rin sobbed quietly.

"It's not your fault guys. You did everything you could to try and save her, so please don't blame yourselves for something you had no control over. " I said pulling them into my arms after I put Naruto in his blue basset.

"You're right sensei. If she saw us now, she would probably yell at us." Kakashi chuckled slightly.

"That she would, now let's get some sleep. We have a big day tomorrow and you're going to need all the sleep you can get." I said as I rolled my sleeping bag out on the floor.

"Hai sensei."

Two Years Later (October 9th)

It's been two years since the attack and the village has been completely rebuilt. Naruto will be two tomorrow and I could tell he was excited about it, due to the fact that he hasn't sat down since he got up this morning.

"Naruto, if you keep that up you're going to hurt yourself." I warned him as he tried to climb on the couch. Instead of climbing on the couch, he wobbled towards me instead.

"Dada, dada." He giggled trying to keep his balance.

I took a second for me to realize that those were his first words. I couldn't help laughing with him as I took him into my arms. "You just said your first words Naru-chan! I can't believe this, my boy just said his first words!" I was so happy about Naru-chan talking, I almost didn't hear the knock on the door. When I opened it, I saw Iruka, Kakashi, Rin, Kurenai, and the third standing there with grins on their faces.

"Hello Lord Hokage." Iruka said bowing slightly.

"Hey guys, come on in." I took a step back and allowed them to enter. "What brings you guys here?" I asked taking a seat on the couch.

"The four of wanted to drop off, Naruto's gifts before we left for our missions later tonight." Kakashi said sitting a package on the table.

"We didn't want to leave without wishing Naruto a happy birthday." Iruka responded sitting his gift on the table.

"Rin and I wanted to take Naru-chan to the park until you finished you meeting with the old geezers." Kurenai told me.

"I just wanted to stop my and make sure you were okay." Sarutobi said taking a gift out of his pocket.

"It was nice of all of you to stop by and I'm doing just fine sensei. Naru-chan just said his first words." I told them.

"That's great Minato." Kurenai squealed happily.

"Dada. Dada pway." Naruto started bouncing in my lap.

"Daddy can't play right now son. I have to go, but your aunties and Iruka are going to take you to the park." I said stroking his hair.

"Pawk, yup yup." I watched as Naruto clapped his hands and giggled.

"He sure has a lot of energy." Iruka chuckled as he kneeled in front of Naruto. "Hey there little guy. Are you excited about tomorrow?" Iruka cooed at him.

"Yup yup." Naruto said wrapping his arms around Iruka's neck making us chuckle.

"Good. Let's go to the park until your daddy gets back. Say bye to daddy." Iruka wrapped his arms around Naruto's legs and stood up.

"B-bye dada." My son stuttered slightly as I walked out the door.

"Bye son." I replied before teleporting to the Council Chambers. Everyone was seated and talking amongst themselves. "Who called this meeting?" I thundered angrily.

"I did." Danzo answered with a smirk.

"And why would that be council member?" I growled at him as I took my seat.

"Because we wanted to talk to you about your son. He needs to start his training."

"Danzo, I will not start training my one year old baby to be a killer and you have nor anyone in this room have any say so. Naruto has just started talking and can barely walk and I will not have his birthday ruined all because you want to use him as a weapon. And if I find out you haven't disbanded ROOT, I will have you arrested for treason." I threatened.

"This is absurd, Minato. That boy could be the greatest weapon this world has ever seen!" Danzo yelled as he stood from his chair.

"That's Lord Hokage to you and like I said before, I will not allow my son to be treated like a weapon. My son is all I have left and I will not ruin his life because of your greed for power Danzo. If you come anywhere near my son, I will have you killed on sight." I growled at him.

"But Lord Hokage-" I interrupted the fool. "But nothing. I will not have my son turned into weapon just because he's Kyubi's jailer and that's final!" I snapped. "My son will live a normal shinobi life and will not be treated any differently!" My voice carried across the room making them jump. "Now, is there anything else before I return home to my son?"

"Lord Hokage, may I talk to you in private?" Hiashi requested.

"Of course Lord Hiashi. Everyone else, you are dismissed." I said waving my hand. Once the room was clear, I motioned for Hiashi to speak.

"Sir, I was wondering if you would consider doing a marriage contract between Hinata and Naruto?" Hiashi asked shyly.

"I'll have to think about it Hiashi. Let me see how things go between them first before we draw up a contract. That way it won't seem like we're forcing them to get married." I suggested.

"Of course Lord Hokage. We wouldn't want to make our children unhappy, would we?" Hiashi chuckled slightly.

"No, we wouldn't. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get home to my son. Good night Hiashi." I said walking put of the tower.

"Good night sir." He said walking the opposite way.

As I walked through the door of my house, I noticed that Sensei and Naruto had fallen asleep on the futon. Naruto was curled up against Sensei's chest and sensei had his arms wrapped tightly around Naruto's waist. I smiled and covered them with the blanket that was on the back of the couch before heading upstairs to my room.