Chapter 13

I watched as Kakashi and Zabuza decimated Gato's army of thugs. I didn't know whether to be in awe or disgusted at all the blood and bodies that flew through the air. Haku was still out cold as Hinata checked him over for wounds and Shino was keeping watch just in case something else happened.

Zabuza used a water dragon jutsu to clean up the mess then grabbed Haku from Hinata and disappeared without another word. Kakashi ran towards us and started checking us for injuries. Once he saw that we were fine, he sighed and dropped to his knees.

"Sensei!" We gasped in a panic.

He raised his head and gave us a small smile. "I'm so glad you guys are alright. I know sensei aren't supposed get too attached to their students, but I consider you guys my kids even though Naruto is my brother. This mission was too close to call and the thought of you guys being hurt or worse, makes my heart ache."

Instead of replying, we hugged him silently letting him know that we were not going anywhere.

"I believe it would be best to go back to the village. We have to help them rebuild what Gato destroyed." Shino suggested once we let sensei go.

"I'll help Tazuna build the bridge with my Shadow Clones. Hinata, you can give medical treatment to those with minor injuries. Shino, I think you and sensei need to rest before doing anything to strenuous. You two did most of the fighting, and I don't want you guys to exhaust yourself." I said as we went back to the village. I left no room for argument about them resting. Kakashi might be our sensei, but often pushes himself way too hard.

"I'll make a large thing of soup and add some healing herbs to it after I give everyone medical attention. I'll see you guys later." Hinata said. She kissed my cheek and ran towards the center of the village.

I grabbed Gato and dragged him towards the towns prison to await his punishment. After making sure Shino and Kakashi made it home safely, I went back to the bridge to help Tazuna. With the help of Tazuna's workers and a hundred of my clones, we finished the bridge just a few hours after the sun went down.

"You did good Naruto. Thanks to you and your team, our village is safe, and the bridge is finished. I'm glad you kids didn't abandon me even though I lied about the mission. I promise to pay what I owe as soon as we get things up and running." Tazuna looked close to crying, and after what he's been through, I wouldn't blame him.

"I wouldn't have left you guys to suffer Tazuna. Even if I had to get my dad to put another team together, you would have gotten some help. I don't like seeing people suffer because someone is being power hungry. I've suffered at the hands of my village because of something I have no control over, and it makes me mad how idiotic and ignorant people can be about certain things, but thanks to my family and the few friends I do have, I have a reason to get up and prove myself to them. You, Tazuna, are going to make this village great again. Prove to your people that you have what it takes to make your home prosper. Your people already see you as their leader." I said walking towards the house. I knew I had given him a lot to think about, but I really do think Tazuna would make a great leader. Their Daimyo is dead, so he or Tsunami could take over before another power-hungry bastard tries to.

It was another week before we left the Wave Country. The village was almost restored to its former glory, and it looked beautiful.

"All that's left is to name the bridge." Tsunami grinned as she gave us packages of dried fruits and meats for our journey home.

"How about The Great Naruto Bridge."  Tazuna suggested with a smile, patting my head. "You have inspired Inari and me and for that I'll be forever grateful." I was speechless and couldn't help the smile on my face as I nodded to him before turning towards Inari.

"Well, this is goodbye." I said hugging him.

"I don't want you to go Naruto!" He cried into my chest.

"I have to Inari. My dad is probably worried sick about us. We've been gone longer than we should have." I said stepping back from him. "I promise to visit when I get the chance."

"Let's go Naruto!" Kakashi yelled already walking out the village gates.

I gave Inari another squeeze and took off toward my team.

"What did Tazuna name the bridge?" Kakashi asked when I caught up to them.

"The Great Naruto Bridge." I chuckled at the shocked look on their faces.

"That's amazing Naruto-kun. Hinata praised, kissing my cheek.

"I wonder how Hokage-sama will react when he hears about this." Shino mused looking at the sky.

(Time Skip- 3 Days Later)

"Tazuna named the bridge after you?!" Dad screamed with excitement. He ran around his desk and wrapped me in his arms. "That's amazing Naru-chan. I'm so proud of you." He pulled back and smiled at the rest of the team. "I'm so proud of all of you. You guys did an amazing job restoring the village and its people, even though you should have turned around after finding out he lied about the mission. This will go down as an S-ranked mission in your files. Take the rest of the week off and get some rest." He dismissed us after handing us our paychecks.