Chapter 8

After we passed Kakashi-sensei's test, we spent the next two weeks working on chakra control, taijutsu and D-rank missions. Our team work is amazing and we get long really well. There were a few times we had to work with other teams, which wasn't that bad. The only down side is that Sasuke is always trying to challenge me to fight. The stupid bastard just won't take a hint.

I sighed.

"What's wrong Naruto?" My dad asked from his desk.

Kakashi-sensei had given us the day off, so that we could rest after training so hard for the last two weeks.

"Sasuke won't leave me alone dad. He's always saying how much better is and how I'm nothing but a stupid loser. Itachi-san says that he's been changing for the worst since his father and the Uchiha counsel were arrested for treason last week." I told him.

I forgot to mention that, last week, Fugaku and his clan counsel were  arrested for planning a coup de tat. Their plan was to start a civil war and overthrow the Hokage, which would have worked if Itachi and Makoto didn't tell my dad about it before hand. They showed my father all the blue-prints and secret scrolls as evidence of the scheme.

"Don't worry about him Naru-chan. I'll talk to his brother to see if there's anything we can do about him. For now, let's just go home and eat." Dad said as he finished the last of his paper work.

After having a big dinner, dad tucked me into bed and told me the story of how he and mom met.

"I meet your mother a few days after she moved to the village. She was put in the same class and I was. She was a complete tomboy and she thought I was "girly."

I chuckled slightly.

"Your mother was originally from the Whirlpool village, but her country was attacked and she was sent to Konoha permanently. She was originally supposed to come t o Konoha to be trained as a ninja and be sent back, but that attack changed that . Her entire clan was wiped out by Iwa, Kumo forces, except for maybe a few survivors. She was the daughter of the late Sandaime Uzukage, Ichigo Uzumaki and Lady Kena Uzumaki, which technically makes her a princess.

Anyway, Kushina was loud, stubborn, and a prankster, but she was a very talented kunoichi. After Mito-sama died, she became the next host for the Kyubi. At twelve, she was kidnapped by Kumo."

"Why did they kidnapped her?" I asked frowning.

"They wanted to use her to control the Kyubi. Your mother had special chakra that allowed her to hold the Kyubi at bay. She left a trail of hair on the ground and I followed it. After I saved her, I confessed and told her about my love for her fiery red hair. We ended up confessing our love to each other that day."

Dad sighed and pulled me closer as he continued the story.

"The ANBU nicknamed her The Red Hot-Blooded Habanero due to the color of her hair and her temper. She was the second person in history to be a SS ranked ninja in the bingo book with a flee-on-sight order, the first being me. Like you, she wanted to be the Hokage. I was the only one that believed that she could it, even though I became Hokage instead. Now, it's time for bed. I'll tell you another story tomorrow."

Dad stroked my hair, but didn't move to get up. My eyes slowly closed as he stroked my head and hummed a sweet melody.

"Good night my little Maelstrom." The last thing I felt was his lips on my forehead as I finally drifted to sleep.

Three Days Later

"I wonder what we're doing today." I sighed sitting under the only tree in our training ground. "I wonder when Kakashi-sensei will start teaching us ninjutsu."

"Maybe he'll start teaching us today. Each of us has mastered our taijutsu styles and the chakra control exercises. Hinata-san has even managed to fuse her Gentle Fist and Serpent styles together." Shino said smiling slightly at Hinata.

"Yeah Hinata-chan, you're more deadly than ever. I'd hate to be an enemy and have to fight you." I said shuddering slightly.

"It's not that good." She blushed.

"Don't put yourself down Hinata." Kakashi-sensei suddenly appeared. "Your taijutsu is amazing. You easily take out a jonin if you put your mind to it. Now team, today I'm going to start your ninjutsu training. I have to leave for a mission in about thirty minutes so I don't have long. I'm giving each of you three C-rank justu each, but first I need to see what your affinities are." He pulled three pieces of small white paper out of his pocket. "Channel your chakra into this paper. If it burns it's fire. If it crumples it's lightning. If it gets wet it's water. If it turns to dust it's earth and if it splits in half, it's wind. Now give it a try."

Shino channeled chakra into his paper and watched as it turned to dust. Hinata channeled chakra into his paper and we watched as hers became soaked with water.

Smiling at the three of them, I finally channeled chakra into m paper and the result was amazing. The paper split into four pieces.  The first one became soaked with water, the second one turned into dust. The third piece crumpled up into a ball and the last one caught a fire.