Chapter 5

Four Years Later (Day of Exams)

At the Academy

Naruto's POV

The day was finally here. Today, is the day I'm finally going to become a ninja and start my journey to becoming Hokage.

I sat quietly as Iruka explained the rules to the class.

"Alright class, it's time to start the exams. Naruto and Hinata, you're both excused from the writing portion. The rest of you have one hour to complete your test. If you are caught cheating, you will automatically fail. After you have finished, turn your papers over and sit quietly until the others are done. You may begin."

I glanced at Hinata and couldn't smiling when I saw that she had fallen asleep. Over the years, we became closer than I ever thought possible. We trained together every other day and sometimes Shikamaru would join us, when he wasn't being lazy that is. Hinata has grown a lot to. Her hair was past her waist, she no longer stutters around others, and her taijutsu is better than ever. She was absolutely beautiful.

I realized at that moment that I was falling for Hinata. The thought of us being together made my heart race and my face heat up. I knew her father would have no problem with us being together, especially since he already approves.

"Finally realizing something Naruto?" Shika asked lazily with a smirk on his face.

"Shut up Shika." I grumbled under my breath.

"Alright class, pencils down. Next, is the accuracy test which will be held outside. Follow me to the training grounds please." Iruka-sensai said walking out the door with the rest of the class following behind.

"Come on. Lets wake her up before she sleeps through the test." Shika suggested as he stood up.

I looked down at Hinata and sighed. I really didn't want to wake her, but I knew I had to. "Hinata." I shook her shoulder. "Hinata-chan wake up." I said quietly in her ear. I moved back when I saw her sit up and stretch.

"How long was I asleep?" She yawned.

"An hour. You slept through the entire test." I said teasing her. "The others are outside taking the accuracy test, which we'll miss if we don't hurry." I stood up from my seat then helped her out of her chair and pulled her towards the door. "Come on Shika or I'll tell your mother you slept through the test."

"Troublesome blonde." Shika grumbled getting up from his seat.

Once we finally made it outside, I let go of Hinata's hand and walked over to Iruka just as he called my name. "I'm right here sensei."

He turned to me smiling. "Alright Naruto. You know the drill, hit the target with as many kunai as you can."

"Too easy." I took the kunai from him and threw all ten of them at the target. Every last one of them struck the bullseye in the center, giving me a ten out of ten.

"Nicely done Naruto. You get a perfect score. Up next is Hinata." We watched in amazement as Hinata split the stump in half, straight down the middle. "Wow." Iruka gasped when she turned around. "Ten out of ten, Hinata."

"Arigato, Iruka-sensei." She said walking towards us.

"You were great Hinata-chan." I said as we sat on the grass and watched Shika take his turn.

"Thanks Naruto-kun, so were you." She replied just as Shika threw his last kunai, earning himself a ten.

"Now it's time for the ninjutsu portion. Let's head back inside." Iruka instructed us. We followed him into the classroom and took our seats. "As I call your name, you will come into this room and perform your task. First up, is Shino Aburame." After ten minutes of waiting, Shino finally came out with his headband wrapped around his head.