Chapter 7

The next day, I ate a small breakfast before heading to the training grounds to meet up with the others. Shino was l looking at an ant hill and my beautiful hime was asleep against the tree.

"Good morning Shino-san." I greeted sitting next to Hinata-chan.

"Morning Naruto-kun." He replied.

Hinata-chan chose that moment to wake up with a yawn.

"Morning hime." I whispered in her ear making her jump slightly.

"M-morning N-naruto-kun. When did you get here?" She stuttered slightly.

"A few seconds ago." I said placing a strand of hair behind her ear, making her blush.

"Hello there kiddies." A deep voice said from behind us, causing all three of us to jump and turn into defensive stances with Shino-san and I standing in front of Hinata-chan with our kunai's drawn. After realizing it was Kakashi, we relaxed. "I'm impressed by your responses. Now, let's start training shall we. I was going to give you a test on your teamwork, but since you guys defended each other so quickly, I'm going to test your skills instead." Kakashi tucked his book into his pouch, raised his headband to reveal his Sharingan eye. "Come at me with the intent to kill." Was all he said before disappearing in a swirl of leaves.

"Alright guys, do any of you know ninjutsu?" I asked while we huddled into a circle.

"I know a few water techniques. " Hinata-chan whispered.

"I know a few earth and lightning techniques as well." Shino repliped.

"Good, now here's what we're going to do." After taking a few minutes to explain the plan, Shino-san and Hinata-chan ran into the forest whileI remained in the field. "Kakashi-sensei, come out and fight me!" I screamed into the open area.

"My, my, you are a weird one Naruto-kun. I suppose you want to test your skills against me first, huh. We'll, let's get started." He said pulling out an orange book.

"W-what the hell are you doing Nii-san? Aren't you going to take me seriously or do I have to make you?" I growled at him.

"I am taking you seriously otouto. Now, are you going to start or should I?" He asked sarcastically.

I knew he was trying to get a rise out of me, so I took a deep breath and relaxed as I got into my stance. "Fine then. If you won't take me seriously, I'll just have to make you. Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Ten copies of me appeared behind me. "Alright guys, attack!" I while Kakashi was distracted, I ran into the trees to find the others. They were hidding behind a sakura tree in about one hundred yards from Kakashi.

"You guys know the plan?" I asked pulling out my kunai and explosive tags.

"Yes, Naruto-san. Now go before he finishes fighting the clones." Shino whispered.

"Go Naruto-kun." Hinata smiled as she activated her Byakugan.

Just as Kakashi destroyed the last clone, I through a kunai with two explosive tags attached to the handle. Once it was within reach it detonated, causing a huge explosion which sent Kakashi flying into a tree only to disappear on impact.

"Damn Shadow Clones." I grumbled quietly.

"That was impressive Naruto, but you're going to have to do better if you want to hit me." Kakashi's voice came from behind me.

"Don't worry sensei, we're not done yet. Now guys!" I yelled and jumped out the way of the fast approaching Water Missile. Kakashi was not so lucky. The water sent him flying into another tree. I watched as Shino's bugs surrounded him and slowly start to drain his chakra.

Hinata and Shino came out of the forest and stood beside me.

"Well done you three. You managed to defeat my clone. " As if on que, the clone disappeared in a puff of smoke.

The three of turned around and gasped when we saw Kakashi sitting on a rock reading his book. He looked up and gave us an eye smile as he got to his feet and put his book away.

"You three did very good. Your teamwork was flawless and your attacks were planned out perfectly. You pass." Kakashi said smiling at us.

"Alright!" I yelled.

"Your plan worked Naruto-san." Shino said patting me on the back.

"You're an amazing strategist." Hinata kissed my cheek.

"Naruto, you are the team Captain. Whenever I have a mission, it's your job to make sure you guys train even when I'm gone. That is all for today. Meet me here tomorrow at ten and we'll start your chakra control lesson." Kakashi explained before teleporting out of the field.

"Do you guys want to celebrate with barbeque?" I asked as we left the field.

"Sure."