Chapter 11

Naruto's Pov

"There's a dangerous man that trying to stop me from building my bridge. His name is Gato. To the public he's a wealthy business owner, but in reality he's a drug lord that sells sex slaves and hires missing ninja's or thugs to do his bidding. He took over the Land of Waves forcefully, and has left us so poor that we can barely feed our families. I didn't mean to lie, but it was the only way I could get us help. The other villages turned me way. Please help us." Tazuna was on his knees begging.

"Kakashi, we can't just turn our backs on them. Even though he lied, he only did it because he thought we wouldn't help him." I said tying the brothers up.

"Please Kakashi-sensei, let us continue the mission." Hinata-chan begged.

"It would be unwise to let their situation continue. It could cause trouble for us in the future." Shino commented.

Kakashi looked at the three of us and sighed. "Fine, but you have to do as I say front this point on. Our next opponent will no doubt be jonin level ninja. Tazuna, when you country gets back on its feet, you will pay for an A-Ranked mission. Let's get moving."

After sending one of his ninja hounds back to the village with new information about our mission, we resumed our walk to Tazuna's village. We reached the dock just as the sun started to set and saw a boat waiting for us. As we sailed across the water, a huge structure came into view. I gasped when I realized it was the bridge.

"It's amazing." Hinata whispered.

"It is most impressive." Shino agreed.

"This bridge is the only thing giving the people hope for a better future. That is why I need to finish this bridge. If I don't, then a repeat of Gato could happen." Tazuna said as we reached the other side of the lake. "We're only two miles from my house. There, you guys can sleep in the guest rooms that my daughter has set up."

After thanking the captain, we continued the trek to Tazuna's house. I was surprised we didn't get attacked again as we made our way there. Though, it did feel like we were being watched as we read the front door of the house. Tazuna knocked on the door and a few seconds later, a pretty lady answered the door.

"Father, you're home!" She said hugging him.

"Hello Tsunami. It's thanks to these wonderful people that I made it home alright." Tazuna pointed towards us.

Tsunami welcomed us into her home and told us that dinner would be ready in an hour. After dinner and meeting Inari, we called it a night. Hinata shared a room with Tsunami while Kashi, Shino and I shared a room together.

The next morning, sat us down after breakfast to come up with a plan.

"We're going to split up into two groups. Naruto, you and Hinata are going to guard Tazuna at the bridge. Shino and I are stay here and guard Tsunami and Inari. We'll keep this up until Tazuna gets his bridge finished or we get attacked. You'll also be training in between shifts. Naruto, you and I will send Shadow Clones out each night to do a perimeter check. I don't want any surprise attacks."

"Hai sensei!" We yelled snapping to attention.

"WHY ARE YOU EVEN TRYING?! YOU'RE ONLY GOING TO GET YOURSELVES KILLED TRY TO STOP GATO!" Inari screamed at us from the staircase.

"Inari! that was very rude. These nice Ninja protected your grandpa, while they traveled here." Tsunami chided him.

"But they're just gonna die mother! Gato is too strong."

"Don't worry kid. Gato won't be of any danger to us. He is just a coward who hides behind other people who can do what he can't. Someone like that is too weak, and doesn't deserve what he has been blessed with in his life." I tried to reason with him.

"What do you know anyway! You're not a hero!" This kid is really getting on my nerves.

"I never said that, but we all could become heroes for the people of wave. If we put an end to Gatos's rein."

"No you can't! Heroes don't exist!" He began to walk away.

"Inari, Where are you going?" Tsunami asked.

"I'm going to my room to look at the ocean. I want to be alone."

"I apologize for that." Tazuna sighed.

"What happened to that kid?" I asked.

"Before I tell you that, I need to tell you of the man this country named a hero. His name was Kaiza. Three years ago a fisherman came to the Land of Waves pursuing his dreams. Inari was being bullied by a couple kids, they took his dog and threw it into the water. Inari was too scared to do anything, and then they pushed him in as well. Inari couldn't swim at the time and almost drowned. At that moment the dog realized he could doggy paddle to shore. The fisherman saved him and from then on, they became like father and son. They did everything together. One day, our Dam began to overflow, which would eventually flood the country. Kaiza swam across and closed the gate. From that moment, he was known as the Hero of Wave. Then everything went to hell. Gato showed up and took control of the country. Kaiza stood up to him, and was executed in front of everybody. That includes Inari."

"That's so sad!" Hinata sniffled. I took her hand and squeezed it gently.

"Ever since that day, Inari hasn't smiled once."

"Then I'll show him that heroes do exist!" I clinched my first. "Every hero I know of has died or almost died protecting what they love. Kaiza died protecting his village just like our past Hokages died protecting ours. I'll get Inari to smile and believe in heroes again if it's the last thing I do."