Chapter 3

Eight years later (At the Academy)

Naruto's POV

Today, my dad is finally going to let me attend the Academy after being home schooled most of my life. I was nervous about making friends and fitting in with them. "Daddy, what if the other kids don't like me?"

"Don't worry son. If they don't like you, then it's their loss." He said. We were outside the classroom door. "Don't ever let anyone tell you, you can't do something. Always do your best, even if it's your worst. Now go in there and make me proud. I'll pick you up after school." He said pushing me into the classroom before disappearing in a yellow flash. 

I felt everyone's eyes on me as I made my way over to the man writing on the chalk board. His brown hair was in a ponytail and I noticed he had a scar on his nose when he looked at me smiling. It was my big brother Iruka.

"Hello there, Naruto. I'm Iruka Umino, your new sensei." He said dropping down to my level, with a wink.

"Hello Iruka-sensei." I smiled.

Iruka turned to the class and placed his hand in my shoulder. "Kids, this is Naruto Namikaze. This is his first day of school, so please make him feel welcome. Naruto, you can have a seat next to Hinata." He said pointing a beautiful girl with blue hair and lavender pupiless eyes. I sat down in the empty seat next to her.

"Hello. I'm Naruto." I introduced myself.

"I-I'm Hinata Hyuuga. It's nice to meet you." She stuttered slightly.

"Alright class, who can tell me who the First Hokage was?" Iruka-sensei asked. I raised my hand and he called on me. "Yes, Naruto."

The entire class turned towards me.

"The Shodai Hokage was Hashirama Senju." I answered. 

"That's correct. Would you name the rest of them please?" Iruka-sensei asked smiling.

"Tobirama Senju, Sarutobi-ojisama, and my tou-san, Minato Namikaze." I responded.

"That's right. Now turn to page twenty-three in your textbooks and read the first three paragraphs on the Kyuubi attack." He said before walking to his desk.

I didn't bother reading the textbook, since I already knew the truth about what happened that night. After everyone finally finished reading, we went outside to the practice dummies. "Next is target practice. Those who hit all of the targets will get an A on the written part of the final exam. First up, Sasuke Uchiha and Hinata Hyuuga."

Sasuke, smirked arrogantly, as he walked forward and took his stance. While Hinata walked gracefully to where he was and took her stance.

"Good luck Lady Hinata." I told her, making her blush.

Iruka-sensei shook his head at me before turning to the others. "Begin!"

"Watch and learn freak." Sasuke said before throwing all ten blunted kunai at once. He got eight out of ten. "Beat that." He snarled walking off.

"You can do it Hinata-san. Don't let him talk you down, ignore him and do you best." I shouted causing the entire class to look at me funny. I ignored them and watched as she took a deep breath before throwing her kunai. She managed to get all ten of her kunais into the dummy. The girls glared at Hinata as she made her way towards me, while the boys stood with their mouths open. "That was amazing Hinata-san."

"Thank you Naruto." She blushed slightly.

"That was outstanding Hinata. Sasuke, good job. Next up are Shikamaru Nara and Ino Yamanaka." Shikamaru scored nine out of ten, which was amazing considering how lazy he was. Ino, however, only got three. "Good job Shika. Ino, you need to practice a bit more. Next up are Kiba Inuzuka and Sakura Haruno." Kiba scored seven out of ten and Sakura scored a five. Man, these girls need to practice more. "Akina Yoshina and Naruto Namikaze." I didn't bother moving after Iruka-sensei gave my the kunai. Instead I watched Akina score an eight before moving to the back of the line.

"There is no way he can make it from there." Sasuke growled.

I ignored his comment and all of the kunais hit the center of the dummy with a resounding thud, before spliting in half. Everyone immediately stop talking and gawk at me. Hinata was the first to speak. "C-congradulations Naruto. T-that was amazing."

"She's right Naruto. That was incredible." Iruka-sensei finally spoke. "The two of you are the winners of todays challenge, congrats to you both." He writing on a clipboard. "Let's head to the opsticle course." We walked around the building and saw a medium size opsticle course. "Whoever makes it through the fastest will not have to take the next test. When I blow my whistle you may start." Iruka-sensei waited ten seconds before blowing the whistle. "Go!"

Halfway through the course, I noticed that Hinata was not with the rest of the group. When I turned around, I gasped when I noticed that she had gotten tangled in the ropes of the third course and was stuck. "Hinata-san hold on." I ran as fast as I could to her side to try and help her. "Hinata-san are you hurt?" She was breathing pretty fast.

"I think I twisted my ankle; it hurts really bad." She whimpered slightly.

"Hold on, I'm going to get you out of here." I said jumping on top of the poke. I quickly helped her get untangled, being careful of her foot, before taking her into my arms. I released some of the chakra in my weights and took off towards Iruka-sensei, who was waiting with the rest of the class. "Iruka-sensei, Hinata-san is hurt."

"What happened to her?" He asked running to us.

"I-I got tangled in the r-rope of the third c-course." She told him.

"Naruto, take her to the nurses office and thank you for helping her out." Iruka-sensei ruffled my hair.

"No problem Iruka-sensei. You never leave a friend behind." I said smiling as I walked off.

"Your father taught you well little brother."

"Are you and Iruka-sensei close Naruto?" Hinata gasped as we walked into the building.

"Yeah, he's my big brother, dad adopted him when he was fourteen." I said walking into the nurse's office.

"Oh dear. What happened?" The nurse that was sitting behind the desk asked when I sat Hinata on the hospital bed.

"She hurt her ankle in the obstacle course. Would you mind taking a look at it?" I responded.

"Sure." The nurse walked over and gently picked up Hinata's foot causing her to gasp. "Sorry sweetheart. I'll be as gentle as possible." The nurse gathered chakra around her hand and ran it up and down Hinata's foot. "It looks like you sprung your ankle sweetheart. Wait here while I get a boot for you." The nurse said before walking off.

I grabbed Hinata's hand and gently squeezed it. "I'm going to go find your cousin, so that he can escort you home, okay."

"P-please don't Naruto. Neji doesn't like me very much." She told me.

"Alright then, Do you want me to get your father instead?" I asked worriedly.

"There's no need for that young Namikaze." A deep voice said from behind me.

Hinata's father was standing behind me with a small smile on his face.