just the beginning.

"Hazel, coach George wants you down in her office." Mr. Donnell said, letting out a irritated sigh. According to him, every one always interrupts his science class. He claims that are school doesn't think that science is an important subject. 

 As I gathered my stuff, the classroom filled with silent 'ooooooo'. What are we, back in 5th grade. Although I am a little worried. Coach never calls teammates out of class unless its super important. She could be calling me down there for anything. I was just praying that it was something good, like the boys team wasn't doing very well. Man, did I hate that boys team. But I do have to admit, there season hasn't been terrible.

 It was a huge relief when I walked into her office and found the whole girls basketball team gathered in a huge circle around her desk. Well, it was almost a huge relief. At least I know that it wasn't something about my grades or crap like that. She began talking when I joined the rest of the girls in the circle.

"Alright girls, I have recently found out some horrible news." she sighed. The girls all looked around at each other. Something big was about to happen, and we all knew it.

  "The girls basketball team has been cut from the schools budget." Her head sat in the palm of her hands. 

All at once, we start talking, even yelling. This was a complete shock. Our season so far had been exceptionally well.  I don't understand how this could happen!  "But coach, We've been doing really good this season. Plus, were only a month into it." I exclaim over the girls. 

"I know. But it just wasn't enough. The boys team has been doing better, so they decided to give our microscopic funds to them. Now, get back to class girls. There's nothing more to say here. " She looked so sad. We all looked like a part of us had been torn away from us. 

I can't believe this was happening. I can't lose this. I can't lose basketball. It was my only release, my escape from all the other problems in the world. It was the only thing that made me feel good about my height of 5'11, that helped me lose my weight back in 6th grade. It helped me be able to go and make new friends, and really find out who I was, and now it was being ripped away from me just like that? 

The whole team shuffled out at the same time, only to be met by the boys team. They had always had something against us, due to there cocky ass captain, Blake Henderson. I think it was because they wanted our sad excuse of a budget. They obliviously weren't here to say sorry for us being cut. Every single one of the boys wore a smirk on the face.

Then, he stepped forward. The master behind everything, Blake. "It sucks that your team got cut. Sometimes you just aren't good enough." His nonchalant voice made me clench my hands into fist.

Not many guys were taller than me, usually only by an inch or two, but he seemed to tower over me with his height of 6'4. His black hair made the perfect contrast against his olive tan skin. At least that's what the girls at school said. His lean body moved with ease as he walked over to me, the captain of the team. Well, I use to be anyways. 

Every one waited for a reply, but I wasn't going to give them one. I crossed my arms across my creme and black striped sweater. They weren't better than us, we had different strengths and weaknesses.  It really does become degrading when they constantly tell us we aren't good enough, or that we would get destroyed in our next game if we didn't 'get it together'. That was one of the reasons why it hurt so bad that we got cut, because they won. It was over, they beat us, and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. That's the worst part about this whole freakin thing.  

"Cat got your tongue?" He asked, his smirk was so irritating. I wanted to slap it right off his face.

I scoffed. "No, I just prefer not to answer to wanna be's" The girls oh'd behind me, slapping me on the back.

"Says the girl who's team was just cut." He replies bluntly, mocking my position.

"No there's a difference between us girls and you cocky pricks. You guys think your good, but we know were good. We just didn't have a lot of money in our budget, and it wasn't enough to get us places anymore." Okay, so I sound cocky and arrogant. So what.

Blake was about to say something back, but a teacher interrupted us. Coach Simmons walked over to us. He happened to be the coach of the boys team. He wore a sympathetic look on his face. " I take it you girls just found out the news. I truly am sorry."

I never understood how such a nice coach could have such a rude team.Girls at my school loved them, but in all honesty, I thought they were just losers. 

"Were not. Those losers are finally gone. Now they can't embarrasses our school any more." Kyle, a Tall guy with brown hair said, also known as Blake's right hand man, and my ex boyfriend. Don't I know how to pick em. 

"Well, that was just rude." I say, my voice clearly showing I couldn't care less. 

"Alright guys, were conditioning all practice due to your behavior. Now get back to class." All the guys groaned for what laid ahead for them. I just smirked. Every one dispersed and went in opposite directions. 

When I made it back to class, my friend Liam asked me what coach wanted. "The teams been cut, and the budget was given the the boys team." 

He put an arm around me, pulling me into his chest for a comforting hug as everyone packed there stuff up. Most people thought we were together, well people that didn't go to this school. Liam was gay, and he got crap from some of the football players, also known as his teammates. Yes, not many of them gave him crap, but there was 2 or 3 guys. It surprised me that it wasn't Blake and his friends. They may not be homophobic, but they sure as hell were sexist.

Speaking of Blake, how was I going to get back at him. Suddenly, an idea ran through my head. It was one of those moments were a light bulb would have lit up above your head. A huge smile erupted on my face. It would be hard to do, but if any one could pull it off, It would be me. 

"Why are you smiling like that, its freaking me out. Just a second ago it looked like you were going to bust out in tears."

"I'm going to join the boys basketball team." 

He gave me a look like I was crazy. "Are you serious."

"Come on, if any one could pull it off, you know its me." 

The bell rang, and we both stood up, walking out of 6th period and to our lockers. The boys practice started in 15 minutes, I needed to hurry. I still have all my basketball stuff from the girls team sitting in my locker. 

"Yeah, I know, but I don't want to see you get hurt if coach Simmons says no. What if the boys are even worse than they were before?"

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." I say hugging him and running off to the locker to change. What I'm About to do could change history at this school, and I was as ready as ever to face this challenge. This was going to be good. 

****************************

The picture if the girl up top is of hazel. Tell me what you think of the story so far!