The game

everybody's always talking at me

everybody's tryin to get into my head

I wanna listen to my own heart talking

I need to count on myself instead 

Did you ever
Lose yourself to get what you want?
Did you ever
Get on a ride, then wanna get off?

Did you ever push away the ones
You should've held close?
Did you ever let go?
Did you ever not know?

I'm not gonna stop, that's who I am
I'll give it all I got, that is my plan
Will I find what I lost? You know you can
Bet on it, bet
on it, bet on it, bet on it
(Bet on me)

I sang, pumping myself up for the big game. There was no other way than zac Effron, A.K.A troy Bolton to prepare me for a game. My first game with the boys all season. I have to do good, or everyone at the school will see me make a fool of myself, including Blake and the whole team. I'll be known as the girl who tries but cant succeed. I refuse to be that girl. 

Blake. Things have really turned around with us since we've had lunch. We only went to McDonald's, but that's more than enough for me. They have the fricken dollar menu. Do you know how many chicken sandwiches you can get there. A lot. Not the point right now, though. The point is that me and Blake haven't had a fight since we talked, so I can't mess things up now by screwing something up in the game. Great, another thing to worry about. 

A sudden knock on the locker room door broke me from my thoughts. 

"Come in" I yelled loud enough for them to hear me.

In walked  Kyle. He was honestly the last person I expected to see. I thought he gave up talking to me, seeing as he hadn't talked to me since that one night at basketball practice. I just looked at him, wondering when he was going to say something to break the awkward silence. 

"Well?" I question, still looking at him. 

" I know you hate me" he trailed off, as if he was waiting for me to confirm it. When I didn't say anything, he continued " I mean you have every right to after what I did to you. I cheated, and, correct me if I'm wrong, broke your heart. I'm sorry. Truth be told I miss you. I only cheated on you because Blake was upset I was dating you an-" 

"What do you mean Blake didn't want you dating me?" 

"I don't know. As soon as I told him we hooked up, he started getting all weird and told me not to get involved with you. Never told me why though." 

Was it because I was a goody to shoes, or did he think I was crazy and a party animal like the rest of the girls team. I was nothing like them. 

"I think he liked you." The words were so simple, but butterflies erupted in my stomach and I could feel my cheeks heating up. That can't even be possible. He hated me.

"No, he didn't" I said, glaring at Kyle. This is not what I needed to hear before a game. Not this one. Not the one were a I HAD to prove my self and earn my spot. 

And then it clicked. Kyle wanted me off the team. He knew this would get to my head, and it would be all I was able to think about. 

"Why are you telling me this? Why now after all this time?" 

"It was messing with me. Hazel, I liked you a lot. That's why I couldn't break up with you. I paid that girl to say I slept with you. You have to under stand. Blake is my best friend, and me dating you messed with him. I couldn't do that to him." He looked at the ground, then glanced up at me and looked me  right in the eyes. IT was the most sincere I had ever seen them.