The day after

(Hazels P.O.V)

"Liam, I can't figure this out!" I cry, putting my hands into my palms. My math homework was killing me and it was almost one in the morning. I heard Liam sigh from the bed where he was attempting to sleep, but failing because of me. 

Slowly he got up from his comfortable position and walk over to me tiredly. I feel terrible, but i needed to get this done, and my teacher doesn't really know how to explain things to me. Liam was the only one who really helped me, which I'm so thankful for, because if it wasn't for him, I would be failing math right now. 

"First you find the slope, then put into a slop intercept, solve for x, and then divide it by the square root of 75, and then you will have how many fish they sold a day." He explains, like it was the easiest thing ever. I wish. 

"Can you do it for me?" I ask sweetly, hoping that he will comply to my request. 

"No, hazel." He rubbed his eyes with his hands, then looked at me seriously. "I know someone who can help you with it tomorrow, but I don't think you'll like who it is." his voice trailed off, leaving me hanging.

"Well who is it?" I asked, waiting to see who could possibly help me with this horrible thing. 

"Kyle. He's really good at tutoring, and the girls who have gone to him for help have really good grades now."

I give him a pointed look. Obviously, the girls were already good at math. They 'loved' being tutored by him because they ended up having sex the whole study session. There's only been one guy who asked him for help, and he failed. Kyle is probably the stupids't person I've ever met, and that's saying a lot coming from me. 

"Never mind" Liam mumbles, walking back over to his bed and throwing himself onto it, face down. 

"I'll get a tutor tomorrow though okay. I am tired after all."

"Thank god!" he shouts, throwing his hands in the air to exaggerate his point. 

"Whatever." I groan, walking over to where he was sitting on the bed, and throw myself down next to him, snuggling under the covers. 

soon the lights were turned off, and I felt the bed dip back down again, indicating that Liam was laying next to me. I felt him put an arm around my waist and rub the spot where I was kicked. Slowly, he drew circles around it, sending me into a deep sleep. 

*******************************

"Rise and shine!" Someone yelled, banging pots together.

"GO AWAY!" I yell, putting my head under all the pillows. 

"come one HAzel, you need to get up, or you'll be late for school." He says more softly this time, no longer banging the pots together. 

Knowing that Liam was right, I slowly sit up, wincing at the pain in my stomach. He see's that i'm having troubles an comes helps me sit up fully, then carries me to the bathroom, setting me down on my feet. 

"Thank you my kind sir" 

"Anything for you queen Hazel" He laughs. walking out of the bathroom. 

When I start to take my shirt off, the first thing that comes to sight is the large bruise on my side, which was a disgusting mixture of yellow and purple. Other than that, there was just the ugly scratches on my cheek from the she devil herself.  Should I mention that they were impossible to cover up, even with the foundation, it was still noticeable that something happened, so I let it uncovered. 

After I was done getting dressed into my jeans and loose white t'shirt, I walk out to find Liam but naked, and pulling on his boxers. I threw a pillow at him, like I do every morning. 

"Stop doing that to me." He whined, pulling on his jeans next. 

"Hurry up scout master, we have to leave in 10 minutes." I laugh at my own joke, while Liam sits there and glares at me. He was the one who was banging pots to get me up after all. 

Liam was ready within 5  minutes, and then we were out the door, heading out to school.

"You are gonna be okay, right?" He asks, as he pulled into the parking spot he always parks in. 

"Of course I will, why wouldn't I be?" I question, getting unbuckled and waiting for Liam to come help me get out of the car. Once he gets to my side, he lightly touches the scratches on my cheek. 

"That's why" He whispers, taking his hand away and walking me to the entrance of the school. 

As soon as we walk through the front doors, everyone stares at us. Even people I've never met were attempting to come up and talk to me. trying to figure out what happened. Of course, Liam being Liam, he wouldn't let them get with in 5 feet of where I was, which I was greatly thankful. I didn't want to have to come up with a story to tell them, I just wanted it gone. 

"Bye." I sigh once I get to my first period.

"Are you gonna be okay alone?"

"Yes, mom, i'm not gonna die inside the classroom you know."

A small smile makes its way to his lips, and he hugs me before walking to his own classroom. There was only one other person in the classroom, but I didn't pay attention to them. I needed to get my homework done for this class before the bell rings, or I'm totally screwed.

I begin writing away, trying to get at least a rough draft done on this essay when I feel a presence next to me. I look up and see Kyle sitting next to me. 

"What do you want, i'm trying to get this stupid essay done, okay." I say right away, not wanting to get into an argument. Or conversation for that matter. 

"What happened to your face. And why weren't you really at practice last night. I don't want a bull shit answer Hazel." His voice as stern.

"I don't owe you anything Kyle, now leave me alone so I can finish this." 

"Did Liam hit you or something. I always knew there was something off about that guy." I grits out.

"No, Liam would never touch a hair on my body. He can't even kill a freakin spider, and he hates spiders. I suggest that you leave me alone right now, or I am going to file a harassment report."

All of a sudden he started laughing. I knew I shouldn't have thrown the report thing out there, totally unrealistic. The principle won't do shit to the basketball team.  "Just go away, please" This time  my voice comes out pleading, and I look up once again to meet him dead in the eyes. 

"Fine, but I will find out what happened to you, that I can garentee." He says right before the bell rings, making him stand up and sit down in the seat he was in the beginning of the morning, leaving the seat he was once in empty, except for a little piece of lined paper, folded into a perfect square. I opened it to see what it was. As I read through it, my mouth dropped open, and I suddenly felt unable to breath again. I felt another panic attack coming, and this time I really didn't have anyone to help me this time....

*****************

Merry Christmas guys!!!! sorry for the short update, just wanted to publish something before the end of the year. Up top is a picture of Hazels face.