feeling weak.

The farther into practice we got, the more I started to regret my decision. Blake was treating me as if I would break with the slightest touch, and that was even worse than being treated like a charity case. As soon as a drill involved a hint  of running in it, I was asked to sit out until the drill had ended. That was basically the whole practice. All that basketball was was running. This blows, maybe I should just go home. 

the thought left my mind when the team started to line up to play bump. I jumped up immediately, excited to play with the them. As soon as I got into the line, Blake came over to me, and I knew he was going to ask me to sit out. The same smile that had formed on my lips dropped into a pout. If this was any one else he wouldn't even give them a second glance, just a quick 'be careful'. 

"There's running involved. Go sit out." 

"there is only running involved if you miss, and you should clearly know by now that I never miss a free throw." I laugh, turning back to get in line before it was to late. Blake let me go, which was something I was not expecting at all. Finally, someone has come to there senses around here. 

I got into the back of the line, since I had lost my place up front. The worst part about it was that Kyle was in front of me, and Blake was behind me. I knew Blake played dirty. He always shoots at your ball so it goes flying. His, by some crazy reason, always seems to come back to him and then he does a lay up. Oh but not this time buddy. Not this time. 

After watching people miss shot after shot, Kyle was up for his first shot, and he missed. He was like Shaq, great post, terrible free throw shooter. I shot mine with ease, swishing it. A satisfying swoosh sound filled my ears. Soon its  my turn again, and as predicted, Blake hit my ball, of course, all the way to the other side of the gym. I take off running, trying to get my ball as fast as I can, but I knew it was to late. I heard everyone yelling go Blake and then cheering. He had got me. He really didn't want me doing practice tonight, and he really did do everything he could to make sure I 'took it easy'. 

I went and stood beside the line, where the other guys were standing, including Kyle.  I could tell that he wanted to say something, but it was like he was afraid of something. Like I would blow if he even came near me. 

"Alright guys huddle up!" Blake yelled once the game was over.  

Everyone crowded around him, waiting for him to give the ritual end of practice speech. But he shocked us all. This was no motivational, keep working hard and practice, speech. This was a lecture, and every one knew he was aiming it towards me. 

"If you guys end up going to the hospital, then don't come to practice. If you go to the hospital, it usually means that there is something wrong with you." Blake sent a quick glare at me, which hit home, doing exactly what he intended to do. "Now, make sure you guys practice for the game this weekend. We need to keep are winning streak up, got it." He asked, looking around. When he saw the nods of out heads, he continues. "Now go get changed." 

My chest still had a aching feeling in it from Blake's horrible speech. In all honesty, I have no idea why I care what he thinks about me. I hate him, he hates me, and that's the way it works and always will work. 

  Slowly, I made my way to the locker rooms, dragging my feet with me as I went.  When I got there, I undressed, and stepped over to the showers and slowly slid down the wall. The hot water falling all over me felt amazing, slowing eating away at the tension that has over come my body. Why does Blake feel like he has to be so hard on me. We have a game this weekend, and I get a feeling that the only chance I have of playing is from the coach, which will hopefully notice me sitting there. 

I heard a knock on the door, then it open. WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!! 

"Hazel?" I heard Blake's voice. Maybe if I don't say anything, he'll go away. 

"Hazel I know your in here, the water's still going."

"In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm in the shower. NAKED!" He's really trying my patients right now. 

"So, I can't see you can I." I'm about to loose my marbles. 

"what do you want?" 

"Sorry for over reacting. I'm just worried that the kick I saw really did do something. That nurse obviously didn't know how to do her job."

Finally someone who agrees with me. Medical people could go suck on a rock for all I care. 

"Why the heck are you worried about me? We hate each other remember." I state, secretly happy that he cared. 

"I know. But I can't let injured players practice or play in games. I only care because it's my ass on the line. I will not lose being captain of the team. " His genuine voice turned ice cold. My body tensed up once again, except the warm water wasn't helping. I heard him get up and slam the locker room door behind him. 

My lungs felt tight again. Breath, breath. In ,out, in, out. There we go, okay, that's better. You don't care. You are going to finish your shower and go back home. Your gonna be fine Hazel. We got this. 

Quickly, I shut the water off, and got dressed, not even caring to dry myself. I need to get out of here. Before leaving, I checked to make sure the coast was clear and then bolted to my car. As soon as I got into my car, I drove to the store, picking up a razor, then drove to Liam's house. 

Just as I thought, no one was home. I let myself in and ran into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I break the razor apart carefully, making sure not to bend the blades. Once there finally out, i stare at them for a while, just looking. There was no one here to stop me, and yet I was one the one stopping my self. I must have sat there for a good 20 minutes before I heard a knock on the door and Liams voice. I didn't answer, just continued to stare at the blades. 

"Hazel?" 

I didn't answer.

"HAZEL?" Now his voiced sounded panicked, and I should answer, but I couldn't bring myself to form any words. 

suddenly the door was busted open, and a scared looking liam stared at me. And that was my breaking point. I gave in to the pain.I had no idea why I feel so hurt, and it made me even angrier. 

Liam wrapped me into a big hug on the bathroom floor, rocking us back and forth while I cried. 

"Whats wrong with me." I choke out, looking up at him. 

"Nothing's wrong with you. God Hazel, I promise theres nothing wrong with you." 

That was the last thing we said all night. After I calmed down, Liam carried me to bed, and laid with me until I fell asleep. But even my sleep was filled with painful dreams that had a unclear meaning.