The game

Blake sat next to me on the bus holding my clammy hand. I don't know how it doesn't gross him out. It grosses me out and there my own hands. I guess that's one of the many things that makes him so great.

"Are you guys ready!" coach yelled from the front of the bus, turning around and standing up from his seat so he could look at all of us. 

We had an away game this weekend. They weren't as fun as home games. There's just something about playing on your own court and feeling all that energy that makes you feel super pumped. Luckily I had coach and the rest of the team to get me pumped up. 

"Ready to kick some but." Blake asked me.

"Have you seen me?" I question, motioning my hands to my body "I was born ready."

"Whatever you say shorty." Zach says from the seat in front of me. 

"You're literally like one inch taller than me." I reply with one eye brow raised. Blake laughs besides me. 

"It's not my fault you're freakishly tall."

"And its not my fault your freakishly short." I shoot back. It takes two to tango Zach.

"Dude, you should just quit." Blake laughs at Zach, who then lets out a huff and turns around, defeated.

The rest of the ride was full of laughs and jokes.  When we finally got to the high school, every ones mouth hung open. This place was huge, not to mention it looked like something from a T.V show with tons of rich kids. Our school was less than nothing compared to this. I'm scared to even touch the door in fear of breaking it.

"This is crazy." I state, earning me a hum of agreement from the rest of the team.

"Listen guys, just because they have a fancy school doesn't mean that they're gonna be a good team. We still have this game. Were 12-0 this season. We can crush them! We just gotta keep our heads held high, got it." Blake yells, pumping the team up again. I couldn't help but smile. 

Quickly, we rushed to the lockers, mine farther away them the boys. I didn't mind though. Its nice to have a moment to calm my nerves before the games. I looked at the clock. It had been five minutes, which meant it was time to meet every one out in the hall by the gym entrance. 

"WHO'S READY TO KICK SOME BUTT!" Blake shouted.

"WE ARE" 

We all yelled and rushed onto the court. Even there locker rooms were amazing. Seriously, the girls locker room had a whole cabinet full of  performs for after PE. What is this devils work. Shaking the thought out of my head, I went through the motions of the warm ups, making every shot that I took. Behind me I could hear laughing from the other team. It wasn't the first time either. All the teams think it's funny that I'm a girl on a guys team. Boy are they in for a treat tonight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hazel,  over hear!" I hear Blake yell from behind me, and I know exactly where he was. We ran this play so many times I could run it with my eyes closed. With a quick pivot from the top of the key, my defender was behind me and I quickly pass the ball to Blake who swishes a three pointer from the side. 

"Nice shot." I yell as we run to the other side of the court to set up for defense.

"Nice pass." he winked turning around.

We were ahead by ten with two minutes remaining. The only problem is that a lot can happen in two minutes with this sport. 

All of a sudden the audience cheers. The other team made a basket. Great.