Best news ever

Taco bell  was fun until we got kicked out. Apparently we were to loud. We weren't loud, we were energetic. There's a difference between the two, trust me. But, because we got kicked out, our celebration was cut short, and we had no idea where else to go. At this point it was to late for normal places to be open. 

"Ready to head home?" Blake asked coming up from behind me, where I was talking to Zach. 

"Yeah. I'll see you guys at school." I yell, making sure that everyone can here me. 

"Bye Hazel." They respond, turning back to conversations they were having with each other in the parking lot. Yes, the parking lot. 

Me and Blake walked back to his car, which wasn't very far away considering we all were hanging out in the parking lot all ready. When we reached his car, I rested me hand on the handle, watching Blake grab the keys out of his sweat shirt pocket and unlock the car. I gently open the door and slide into the smooth leather seats.Great, now I have to ask the question.  I'm scared to, but I'm dying to know the answer, and I don't know when I am going to have another opportunity to ask him. I wait till we drive out of the taco bell parking lot to start asking him. Here goes nothing. 

"So, I heard something interesting about you from someone, that I'm not quite sure is true. I mean its pretty hard for me to believe. "

"What was it?" he questions, glancing at me with a raised eye brow. Good, I've got his attention. I have nothing to lose by doing this. The worst than can happen is him telling me he's never likedme like that. 

"Just that you didn't want Kyle dating me, and that's why he cheated. I mean it was his own choice to cheat on me, obviously. That's why I'm pretty skeptical." 

"I never told him to cheat, that's for sure. But I didn't like you guys together. I'm not going to lie about it. " I was taken a back for a second. I didn't think he was going to be honest with me. I thought he would get angry about this whole thing, then deny he ever said such nonsense. 

" Why. Why did you not like the idea of me and Kyle?" I ask defensively. I thought Kyle was playing wolf. He wasn't, and now I've drug my self into a conversation I don't want to be in. 

" I just didn't think you guys were a good match is all." Disappointment is all I feel. Some sick and twisted part of me was hoping it was because he liked me, and seeing his best friend date me made him mad.

"Oh" was all I could manage to say. 

I turned away from him and looked out the window. I could feel that he kept glancing at me, but I chose to ignore him. Why am I being like this? I feel like someone ripped my heart out, but I don't ever want this car ride to end. I don't want to go home. 

"You're lying." I say abruptly, just hoping to catch him in a lie. 

He stayed quiet for a moment before he let out a long sigh. "Who told you what. I want names and exactly what they told you. Got it." He told me, slowing to a complete stop at a red light.

"Kyle told me that you didn't want us dating but wouldn't say why, and that he thought it was because you use to like me." My voice comes out shaky and fast. Why am I even nervous. I don't like him like that. He is a friend and will only ever be a friend, no matter what.

"That's exactly what he said?"

"He also said that he didn't really cheat on me, just paid some girl to say she did cause he didn't have the guts to break up with me. I know that's bull shit though so you don't have to tell me something I already know."

"I'm going to tell you a secret." He paused and took a deep breath. "I didn't like you. I thought you were annoying and cocky and obnoxious."

"Watch it buddy. I thought I told you to tell me things I didn't already know." I say 

"But, ever since that day I found you in the parking lot, something changed."

"It's called pity." I mumble, regretting ever bringing this conversation up. 

"No, I realized you're human, not some monster trying to destroy everyone."

"Wow, we realized the same thing that day." I laughed, feeling better as I watched him pull into Liam drive way. 

"So we're good right. you're not mad about the whole Kyle thing." 

"No. I think you did me favor. It probably wouldn't have lasted long anyway. Just saved me a huge heart break I guess."

"hey before you go, there's a party tomorrow night, and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" he said it so casually, but my heart was hammering inside my chest. Was this considered a date? 

"I would be honored kind sir." 

We both laugh and I slide out of the car, running to the door as it starts to poor down rain. Having lunch with him is probably the best decision I've ever made. This weekend is going to be amazing. 

-----------------------------------

The guy I imagine as Blake is Steven Kelly. I literally spent hours trying to figure out who this guy ion the picture.

 I literally spent hours trying to figure out who this guy ion the picture