Diary Entry #2

2015.01.10:

Dear dairy,

It's the first day of school and the class is as noisy as expected. The boys in the corner are making fun of a girl right now because she's wearing new braces that made her look weird.

This is why I like to have my tough and cold image. So that no one can bother me. No one can make fun of me. No nothing. I would never let them try, or the next thing they'll know it, they'll find themselves at the very top of a flag pole with their underwear as a flag.

Oh, the teacher is here. I gotta finish writing this later.

.

.

.

.

Diary, Dino is back to annoy me. Lee Chan is his real name but he insisted (more like forced) me to call him by his famous nickname, Dino.

Channie, uh, I mean, Dino is my frenemy since elementary. To him, I'm his best friend. To me, he's my frenemy. I don't know even why he considered me as his best friend. He's a cool kid, though. Despite the fact he's super annoying, he's very talented in dancing and rapping. I don't have a right to say this but he could be an idol one day.

And where would I be? Well, I'll be in the same spot, steady and still. Always the same just like water that never moves.

Enough with the future talk. More about my annoying frenemy, Lee Dino Chan.

So today, he ran into my class and gave me a big fat hug in front of everyone. It was very annoying in my case but Dino thought things differently when it came to me. I never gave him to touch me, so why does he keep hugging me? It was hard to understand. 

"I missed you so much, Hani!" he shouted happily, flinging me into his arms. "How was your holiday? Did you celebrate new year's alone, again?"

Did he even have to ask? I mean, it seems to him that he already knew the answer to that question. But then again, I wasn't really alone. In fact, the morning new year came, I wasn't alone. I was with him. HIM!! That annoying, lying brat! Ugh, let's not remember him right now. I'm stabbing into the pages of my diary. I can't even remember what his name was. All I remembered was that I called him weird kid. 

So I pushed Dino away, disgusted and angry with the fact that he pulled me into a big hug. I said to him, "Yah, Lee Dino Chan. Next time, hug yourself. You don't have to hug me."

"Yeah! There are other girls to hug, too!" Minah, a 'popular girl' in my school, yelled as she stepped into where we were standing. She stepped in MY TERRITORY! EXCUSE ME! Guuurl, you see that invisible line? Of course can't see it. She needs new eyes for that. She continued, "You can hug me, Dino, if you really need to."

Dino shook his head and pulled me closer to him. "No! I don't want you. I want my Hani. She's my best friend."

"And that's all she'll ever be to you," she added to his sentence. "Dino, want to be my boyfriend?"

"I don't need a girlfriend. All I need is my Hani," he told her. "You can go now if you don't have anything else to say. Or go find another boy. You always seem to find new ones every week."

I was really surprised to see Dino step up for me at that time. He was really sweet, I just realized. He wasn't being annoying to, well, annoy me. He was doing it to protect me or just show affection. But I didn't tell him any of that. I like to keep things to myself.

"Thanks," I mumbled to him as I left the classroom to head to the bathroom. Since Dino and I were in different classes (his class is right next to mine so there's nothing to worry about), he went back to his class as I headed to search for the bathroom. He was in the same year as I was despite being one year younger because he advanced a grade. He was smarter than you think he was. 

I entered the one of the cubicles and did my business and suddenly heard bubbly chattering made my two girls outside my cubicle. They were talking about some new guy coming to our class.

"Omo," one said, "he's transferring to that class?"

"Yeah," the other one replied, disappointment heard in her voice. "It's a shame. Minah will want him, hands down."

"But doesn't she like Dino?" the other one queried.

"Dino likes Hani, so there's no way Minah would get him. I heard he rejected her just now," the other told.

Afterwards, I didn't hear what they were talking about because my mind kept on thinking about their last words.

Dino likes Hani. Dino likes Hani. Dino likes me.

Diary, if only you were real. I'd like to use you as a human punching bag. What a shame.

Oh, I have to go now. Classes are starting again. Yes, I wasted my lunch break to write in this diary. I wasn't hungry anyway.

Love, 
Hani.

~Author's Notes~

I hope you're still enjoying this story :))

Ooh, it's raining rn (well, in my country) and I'm in love with the weather. Oh, damn. It just turned sunny. Whyyy T^T

Anticipate the next chapter! Haha, kidding! Don't, don't! Well, you may anticipate it but don't anticipate it that much because I'm afraid you won't like it haha

Until the next chapter, then!

xoxo

Byun Sang Kyung