Diary Entry #23

2015.03.25:

Dear diary,

Today has been eventful.

You must be making guesses by now, right? Well, I'm not sure what your guesses are but all I know is that Wonwoo and I are back to normal.

"Good morning, Hani," Wonwoo happily greeted me the next day. It was all that time we weren't talking to each other melted in just seconds. It didn't even feel that long at all.

I guess people are right when they said the bad things only lasted for just a second. It wouldn't go on forever. It'll feel like a forever but eventually it'll melt away like nothing.

"Hi, Wonwoo," I greeted back softly, slightly flustered by the way he's greeting me. It felt like the first time again. Just that this time, my heart is beating and I'm more responsive than the first.

"They said we're going on a school trip next week," he told me, sounding very excited for it. "Where do you think we would be going?"

I gave him a shrug and a hint of a smile. That was foreign thing I did there. I never really smiled but smiling... it felt good. In fact, it felt like it required less muscles than a blank or cold face.

"And about that bracelet..."

"I loved it, Wonwoo. I really did," I suddenly blurted out. When I realized what I said, I quickly turned around to face my table and looked out the window. I was scolding myself inside my mind, though.

I don't know, I could Wonwoo smiling behind me. He walked towards me and faced me. Yes, he was smiling. "What did you say?"

"Oh, look. Mr. Lee is here now. Time to go back to our seats, chop chop now." I really didn't expect myself to say 'chop chop'. I really am getting weirder by the day.

Wonwoo reluctantly headed back to his seat but I can tell he was still smiling.

Also, sorry for not writing into you during Mr. Lee's class. I didn't want to risk things since Minah was still making my life seem like hell. I don't know how many times I've said that word when it comes to Mianh.

Anyway! Proceeding to the next event!

Lunch time, as usual and Minah blocked my path while I was on the way to the cafeteria. She was twitching her eyebrow, clearly annoyed by something.

"What do you want? Move," I told her, about to move away when she blocked my path AGAIN. Seriously, this girl has serious issues.

"I hear you're friends with Wonwoo again," she spat, "and that you have MY diary."

"Excuse me? YOUR diary? Oh! Sorry! I must have heard wrongly! YOUR diary, huh? Well you should get yourself checked first, Oh Minah," I told her. To be completely honest, it was the first time I've said those things sarcastically. Or the first time I've used sarcasm. It felt exciting, to be honest.

"WHAT?!" Minah was screaming now. And screaming won't take her anywhere, she should know that by now. "Because of YOU I lost the chance to audition in a K-pop search! You ruined my future!"

Of course. It's that so-called K-pop search she was talking about. I read about it in one of the three entries in my diary. The one where she said her parents needed her grades to have all A's then only she can audition for it. But since she threatened a nerd to change up her marks, she couldn't get it.

That's karma. Had fun with it? I hope you did.

"Oh Minah, let me ask you a question," I said calmly. Calm and composer were the key to victory with your enemies. You can't give them the satisfaction. You can't give them the sign that they're winning.