Diary Entry #29

2015.05.03:

Dear diary,

Diary, you have no idea what happened today. Well, tonight. It was tonight since it was around 7pm.

Anyway!

Remember how Wonwoo suggested I should reconcile with Mom? Well, he tricked me into at least eating dinner with her. But even so, it was... okay.

"Hey, let's go for dinner!" Wonwoo suddenly suggested as we walked home together.

Almost everyone in our school knew Wonwoo and I were dating. They said it was impossible to thaw my cold heart but apparently Wonwoo succeeded. I'm just as surprised as everyone else and there's Wonwoo being a happy boy about it.

"Dinner?" I questioned, holding my backpack's strap tightly.

"Yeah," he answered, smiling. "Let's go to N Grill!"

"That fancy place? Wouldn't that cost a lot?" I asked him, stopping in my tracks to raise an eyebrow.

"Yes, but my parents gave me a credit card to spend on you. So, I want to take you out for dinner," he said, smiling. "So, I'll pick you up at your apartment. Make sure you dress in a fancy dress! I'll wear a handsome tux. Then again, everything I wear looks good."

"Eyyy!" I teased, cringing at his cheesy line. "What was that?"

"Just... make sure you don't get mad?"

When he said that, I actually he was going to make fun of me wearing a dress. But I was expecting that to happen.

After I went home, got dressed and headed to N Grill with Wonwoo escorting me, the last thing I expected was to see her sitting there with a smile.

"Hani," she said, which made the hair on my body to rise.

"Mom," I greeted back, rolling my eyes. Then, to Wonwoo, I asked him in a whisper, "Why she is here?"

Wonwoo only smiled and sat me down next to him, across her. "Mrs. Kim, Hani, I want you guys to reconcile. Hani, promise me you'll listen to what she has to see?"

"We'll... see about that," I plainly answered, trying not to look at her. This was the first time I've seen her look... normal. It was a weird sight to see right now.

"Hani, I need you to listen to me. Please," Mom begged.

"I'll give you two some privacy," Wonwoo said, getting up.

"Wonwoo, stay," I told him.

"Please, Wonwoo. You can go," said Mom.

Wonwoo only smiled and bowed. "I'll wait outside."

Once Wonwoo left, the atmosphere turned even more awkward. I tried to just stare at the utensils they set up on the table but it was distracting since Mom was looking at me with those eyes that looked like they were about to cry tears.

"Hani, I... I..."

"What is it that you want to say? What is it that made you ask Wonwoo to trick me here? To see you?" I asked her, finally facing her.

"Hani, I'm sorry that I couldn't..."

"Sorry?!" I angrily roared. "You're sorry? You could have made up with me over the first few weeks after the divorce but you chose now? Now? After a year?! Sorry, but I don't want to listen to it." I got up, about to walk out but she stopped me.

"Hani, I still love you," she said, stopping me. "I know... it may seem to you that I don't but I really do, Hani."

After listening to that, I quickly walked out of the booked room. Wonwoo reserved a room for us, apparently.

Wonwoo was at the cashier, playing with some kids with their parents watching over them with smiles. It was good. Because Wonwoo wouldn't be able to see me sneak away.

So here I am, sitting by Han River and writing into you. Yes, it happened approximately... thirteen minutes ago. I'm surprised Wonwoo hasn't been searching for me. Maybe he's absorbed with those kids or he's talking with Mom. Whatever the reason is, I'm glad I can have time alone.

It's hard to forgive someone who's done wrong to you for so long. But even so, efforts eventually help, right?

- Hani

~Author's Notes~

Hope you Kimichies are still enjoying this book :))

I have news, too!

I have this new book undergoing and it's called Dear SEVENTEEN. I think I mentioned it before but once this book ends, hopefully the first chapter of that story would be done and would be posted :)) I hope you guys show support to that book as well :))

I know some of you don't want this book to end. I don't either, tbh xD But it's just how a book goes ;333

I'll have fun writing this story until the very end! I love you guyssss!