Diary Entry #9

2015.01.24:

Dear diary,

Apparently, I failed in... well, saying goodbye.

Wonwoo came rushing into the rooftop, pulling me away from the edge of the roof and then pulling me into a tight embrace as I heard him breathe heavily.

"Hani! Don't even do that! I was so worried!" Wonwoo said, sounding like he was about to cry.

And that was my breaking point. I've handled and bottled up too many feelings that the bottle is full and now everything is spilling out. I began wailing loudly, finally able to cry my heart out instead of just silent tears.

"My rooftop princess, it's okay. Shh..." Wonwoo was a big help. He didn't mind his shirt getting wet from my tears. He was a complete angel! "It's okay to cry. Let it out, my rooftop princess."

I held him closely and continued on crying. I don't know but it felt embarrassing now that I'm remembering it again. I'm so glad I didn't leave you, my dearest diary. You're like my closest friend, EVER.

"Want to come to my house? My parents aren't in," he said softly.

Anywhere with you, I'll feel better. "Yes..."

"Let's go." Wonwoo wrapped his arms tighter around me and brought me to his apartment room carefully. My face was buried on his chest for the whole time and now that I'm writing it down in my diary, I feel embarrassed.

So we entered his apartment and it was bigㅡbigger than mine. I sat on the couch in the living room. Wonwoo headed to the kitchen to make us some hot chocolate. I really love hot chocolate so when I heard that he was making them, my insides felt lighter.

"Don't worry about the rumours spreading," Wonwoo advised me, shouting all the way from the kitchen. The kitchen and living room where practically in the same room, but a little farther away. "I'll be there for you. To protect you."

That was really sweet of him. Since I'm writing in my diary, I can show you a side I've buried deep down a year ago. My... human side. The side that didn't bottle up those feelings people apparently cope with in their everyday life. 

Wonwoo appeared with a piping hot cup of hot chocolate in his hands. He put them down on the coffee table and picked up his. He took a big sip and ended up having a little cream moustache.

I smiled at him. I actually smiled!! Oh, gosh. If someone read this, they'll be able to see the actual teenage side of me. Maybe... maybe Wonwoo is... changing me. People do say that they change for the better, right? This must be it.

After a while, Wonwoo put his cup down and stared at me with a serious look, which sent chills down my spine. Did I do something wrong?

"What?" I decided to ask when he continued on staring. I couldn't just NOT say anything. I've never seen Wonwoo look at me with that facial expression.

"Hani."

The way he said it, I still remember how tingly it felt. It made me clutch tightly onto the pen I was using.

I looked over to him. "Nae?"

And that was the FIRST TIME I said "nae" to someone. I always irritatingly asked them back "mwo?" So this really a first. I've been doing a lot of first with people now.

He was staring into my eyes deeply that he might be looking into my soul or something. If he was looking into my soul, he might be able to see what kind of person I was and would probably stop talking to me and go to Minah.

But I didn't want him to, honestly. I didn't want him to suffer under Minah's rein.

"I like you, Kim Hani."

Love,
Hani.

~Author's Notes~

Enjoying the story, still? I hope so :))