Diary Entry #11

2015.01.28:

Dear diary,

It's still Hani here and I'm sorry I haven't been writing into you for quite some time. I had things to deal with and it took most of my time so I couldn't write to you.

I wanted to, though. Things have been tough and day by day, I have the urge to write into you. I didn't bring you to school for days so I couldn't write into you, like I said. So I wrote into my school notebook.

No, no, diary. Don't go get a knife. Don't murder me. I'll do anything. Just don't kill me.

Anyway, so I wrote into my school's notebook. Since I was afraid of people stealing my notebook (mainly Dino. He borrows them), I wrote into some secret message.

"Life isn't an easy thing."

That was yesterday's.

I don't remember the other ones because I think I erased them. I told you, I didn't want anyone to read them. They're... personal.

Anyway, do you want to know what happened the day after the sick and Wonwoo encounter? It's a messy story but I have a feeling you would listen. You always listen. That's why I love you, diary.

So, the day after me faking sick, I went back to school. If I couldn't ignore Wonwoo even by not coming to school, I guess I better not ignore my education and go on with life.

I came to school early because I wanted some alone time. Ha, ha. As if I don't get enough of that at home. Or anywhere else. But, yeah. Alone time.

And guess what?

Wonwoo came early as well.

"Hani!" he shouted, putting his bag down as quickly as possible and ran to me, giving me a big hug.

My heart was making that unsteady beat again. With an uncontrollable beat, it made it even harder when my heart was racing.

"I missed you," he whispered.

NOW my heart was being weird. It slowed down a little, then sped up again. It was being a weird little heart. I couldn't understand why it was acting this way.

"I..." I was about to say the same thing to him but just mumbled another thing. "...can't breathe. Can't you let go of me, Jeon Wonwoo?"

Wonwoo gave me on last squeeze before finally letting me go. "Sorry."

"It's... it's okay," I muttered back. My heart was doing cartwheels and I FORCE myself to calm my heart down.

You have no idea how hard it is to be a human. You're lucky you're just a diary. But isn't it tough to listen to my problems? You probably fall asleep every time I write to you.

But I'm glad you're by my side, diary, because I have no one else. I... don't easily open up to people. Just ask Channie and he'll go on about how I keep everything to myself.

I still do, though.

Anyway, back to my story telling, or, err... writing.

Then a voice came into the class, shouting, "Hani!"

Wonwoo had already went back to his seat, studying. It was as if nothing happened. As if he never hugged me.

"Oh, Dino-yah," I called, turning my head away from staring Wonwoo. "Annyeong."

He passed me a piece of paper and gave me a normal Dino smile.

I unfolded the piece of paper and read it. I was really... well, I didn't know how to react, honestly.