Diary Entry #5

2015.01.22:

Dear diary,

It's early in the morning and I'm here on the rooftop of my apartment instead of the school. It's a Saturday morning and there's no school today. But I'm awake right before daybreak. Weird, huh?

Maybe because I didn't get to sleep well last night knowing my friend (yes, I regard him as a friend now) has a crush on me. Since we first met that day in elementary school. This whole time... Channie-a...

Plus, Wonwoo was there to witness a sudden confession made. I haven't seen or talked to Channie ever since yesterday. He hasn't called or even texted me, either. I'm worried.

Did he just destroy a close friendship? I really hope not.

.

.

.

.

I took a break a moment ago because my hand hurt from writing a lot. Okay, maybe it isn't considered as a lot but when you're writing early in the morning, it's considered as it.

"Rooftop Princess," a voice had said while I rested, hiding my diary away. I didn't want anyone to see it or just read its content. That was simply invading someone's privacy. 

I wasn't surprised to see Wonwoo peering out of the door with his big smile. "Oh, it's rooftop guy."

"You call me 'rooftop' too?" he asked with a big smile on his face.

I turned away, overlooking the view from simply being on the rooftop. I didn't bother to reply to his question.

"Hani, look at me."

I looked at him but gave him an icy stare. I was about to say something to him when the door burst open with eomma holding an empty soju bottle. She always gets drunk at the second shot, but look at her, drinking a whole bottle of it. 

I was so mad to see her like that AGAIN. How many times did she have to act like this?

Remember on my first diary entry, I said eomma was telling me about doing a new hobby or something like that? Well, she was drunk then. AGAIN. But I did take her words and wrote into a diary.

You know, diary, writing into you, it just feels better. I can let things out without telling anyone about it. I can keep it to myself and nobody will have to know.

"Hani!" eomma yelled, hiccuping. She stood by the door, trying her best to stand straight but I knew she couldn't.

I ignored her and looked elsewhere.

"Are you Mrs. Kim?" Wonwoo asked the lady I actually called eomma. Really, I don't even think she deserves to be called eomma sometimes. Like, who drinks almost everyday instead of taking care of their child?

Eomma tried to focus on Wonwoo and let out a hiccuping laugh. She threw the soju bottle onto the ground and drunkenly walked over to Wonwoo. "Who are you, handsome boy? Are you Hani's boyfriend?"

"Eomma!" I yelled, snapping at her.

"Oh, Hani, you're here too!" Eomma said, giggling.

That was when I couldn't handle it anymore. She was invading my space. Taking my diary with me, I stormed out of rooftop, slamming the door behind me. If I couldn't have alone time on the rooftop, it's best to head somewhere else.

So that's why I'm here, in a nearby cafe, writing into you, my dear diary. I don't even know where Wonwoo has gone. I don't even know what eomma told him! Maybe I shouldn't have left him all alone with my pitied mother there. Tsk. It was horrible knowing that Wonwoo knows what my mom was like. 

I'll tell you what happens soon, diary.

Love, 
Hani.