Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Robert Ray Thomas III

 This is dedicated to my brother who was the first to know Love you and thank you for pushing me to write this!! Best Brother ever :)

Okay this is the first chapter of my first book hope you like it and I know you think the prolouge gave it away but trust me you will be suprised that it might have or not :)

So enjoy and tell me what you think so far<3

Chapter 1

“Are you ready?” Forest said as I was attempting to zip the back of my dress.

“One more second”

I jumped and jumped holding and trying to zip it up, but nothing seemed to work. I opened the door allowing him to come in.

“Help me zip it up?” I asked Forest putting my back to him allowing him to zip me up.

“Sure thing” I felt his hand trace my bare back taking his time to grab the zipper. I turned around looking in his sea green eyes and gave him the look.

“Sorry and don’t give me that look”

“Well you know we are over and you also know that I am over it and trying to have a friendship with you. I can’t do that if you’re doing this. So stop it even though you know my weak spots”

“You know I’m not over you completely” He stepped toward me allowing no space between us and taking my hands in his. I couldn’t help the way he still feels for me but I know deep down that it never worked out even if I wanted it to.

“Mia, just listen to me for one second” He whispered. I looked up at him and barely saw his eyes with all that blond hair what a waste.

I released my hands from him and stepped backwards taking a seat on the edge of the bathtub. “What”

“I know you will never, I mean never feel the way I do with you” He said taking in a breath and released it still looking me in the eye.

“I’m going to try this friendship thing just because I don’t want to lose you”

“Alright it’s settled, know please finish what you were doing” I stood facing my back to him and he didn’t hesitate this time like he did. Those few seconds I thought how great it was to be together, but I don’t know him telling me that he loved me scared the hell out of me, and that was when I told him I wanted to be friends. And yes I know that was a bitchy move but I could never feel that way about him ever.

“I’m done.” He said with a smile in his voice.

“Thanks” I turned around and went in for a hug. The moment he saw what I was doing he just hugged me right back not wanting to let go. It hurt knowing the last time we did this was when he told me he loved me, but this time I loved him as a friend and he will never understand why I broke things off and sometimes I don’t understand why I did either. Maybe I will tell him just not now.

We both stepped back at the same time from the hug and all he did was smile down at me, which he always does and that is another one of my weak spots he does and all I could do was smile back in return.

“Alright, ready to go” Forest reached out and took my hand and led me to the bedroom and grabbed both mask lying on my desk near my computer.

He walked over to me and simply placed it into place, it matched my dress almost exactly black with sparkles through the whole thing whenever I moved and the light caught it, I shined more. Strapless and it hit right above my knees simple but perfect.

Forest and I decided to go together months in advance and that was when we were together but we both decided we should go together because we were matching already.