chapter 5

Hey everyone! Sorry this chapter took so long, school got in the way. 
Hope you like it!! Please vote and comment :) 
*****************************************************************************************

Chapter 5:
Gabriel

When Katherine had left he had walked back into the living room and sat on the couch.

There wasn’t much to do at her house except sit.

He drummed his fingers on his knee humming some song he had heard before he died. He wasn’t sure what it was called, something to do with an ocean or what not?

Laying his head back he stared at their ceiling in boredom, what as an angel to do?  

He sat up and began pacing in front of her fireplace. His thoughts consisted of ways that he could stop his brother from claiming her. Not much came to mind except for one solution that was a last resort, trading himself for her freedom.

Even then there was no guarantee that once he was dead Lucifer would leave Katherine alone.

He ran a hand down his face heaving sigh of annoyance. He wasn’t as young as he used to be, he didn’t like the stress this was causing him.

Maybe if he’d been a few thousand years younger this would’ve been easier to cope with.

“Why me...” He whispered trudging to the kitchen.

Opening the fridge he grabbed himself an apple and the jug of orange juice. Biting into the apple he poured a glass of the orange liquid and put it back in the fridge.

Drinking his juice and finishing his apple he looked at both objects in his hand and said “Wow I need to get out more.”

Placing his glass in the sink he flew out of the house and into town, landing behind the theater once again. Being that it was a small town there really wasn’t much to be done here.

However, since he was going to be staying here for quite awhile he figured he may as well get to the know the area and the people it contained.

What kind of small town lifers did they grow here?

He walked out of the alley and looked around at the people in the streets. They were walking in groups of two or three. Mostly adults since the kids were in school... at least most of them were. There were those few who were skipping.

He didn’t understand those ones, how could they want to leave a place where they get to learn? Discover the world around them and all its glory of what Father had created. Why didn’t they care about it? Why did they want to waste their time out here in this boring town?

It made no sense.

But then again he was just an angel, what did he know?

You know everything... His mind said and he grinned at the truth in that thought.

He sat on a bench outside a small antique shop and watched the citizens go about their daily routines.

To the single mom who was doing her shopping. The man coming out of the bank so that he can give his daily fifty dollars to his debtor and the couple hiding in an alley so they wouldn’t be seen.

Gabriel saw them all and smiled; their lives were so normal and didn’t even worry about an angel reading their thoughts or the fact that there were evil creatures all around. 

Not a care in the world.

He watched them and wondered what that felt like. What if felt like to not worry. 

He turned his face away sadly. Sure his life wasn’t awful, he was alive still right? That had to be a bonus.

But it wasn’t, he couldn’t see how it was a bonus at all. Now he was stuck, now he had no choice in what he did with his life.

What have I sunk to? He thought laying his head back on the bench and staring up at the sky.

“Excuse me?” A voice said pulling him out of his thoughts.

Gabriel opened his eyes and looked at a young girl, who looked to be about nineteen. She had long straight blonde hair and shocking blue eyes.

“Can I help you?” He said with the raise of an eyebrow.

She nodded, “Are you Gabriel?”

He sat up immediately interested “Yes and who are you?”

The girl smiled and sat beside him, “Don’t you recognize me?”

“No, I’m sorry I don’t....” He replied.

She shrugged “No, I suppose you wouldn’t. It’s been a long time brother.”

Gabriel blinked. This was one of his sisters? She didn’t have the glow of anyone he knew... “I’m sorry I still don’t know who you are....”

The girl sat down beside him and smiled “I know, but that doesn’t matter. I am a new angel.”

She must’ve seen his confusion because she just laughed “Yes, Father is still creating us. We have not just died out. Anyway, my name is Lauriel.”

He gave a chuckle “And what can I do for you Lauriel?”

“Nothing yet. I just wanted to meet you.” She replied and then was gone. 

**************************************************************************************************
Sorry this one was so short! Like I said before I've gotten a little busy. Sadly. I will try and post more often!!! Please tell me what you think of the story so far in the comments! And thank you so much to everyone who is reading my story. It means more to me more than I could express in words! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!