chapter 19

I know this one is a whole lot shorter, I apologize for this. Hope you enjoy anyway!

*******************************************************************************************

Chapter 19

Gabriel

Gabriel stared at his brother. What he had just suggested was ridiculous and not to mention stupid. It was dangerous! How could even think for a second that he would go through with this? Further still, this was Castiel who was suggesting it! Since when did he go for the dangerous spur of the moment plans?

“What do you think?”

“I think you’re nuts!” Gabriel replied shaking his head.

His brother shifted from one foot to the other. He looked vulnerable and even scared himself. The fact that he didn’t have a confident face on for his own plan made Gabriel wonder if the plan was even his. In fact, the plan more like something that crazy angel Lauriel would do. Looking up at his brother he nodded his head. Yes, this was definitely that new angel.

“Castiel, we don’t have to do this you know.” Gabriel said reaching forward and placing a hand on his shoulder. “You don’t have to do what the young bitch says.”

His brother looked behind him and said “She isn’t as young as she makes herself out to be.”

“What are you talking about?”

Again Castiel stood as if someone were manoeuvring him. He looked uncomfortable and lost. The poor guy looked...young. “I can’t tell you Gabriel; you’ll just have to trust me that this is what we need to do.”

Gabriel shook his head, “No. No I won’t do it. I have come way too far to give up now. It’s not happening okay?”

“I was afraid of this.” Castiel replied looking down at the ground “Don’t make me force you brother, cause you know I will. You have to put your family first. You know it’s the only way to save everyone!”  He paused for a moment “You have to kill her Gabriel.”

Gabriel looked up at him, his eyes burning with a new found hatred “Not everyone will be saved if I do this. And you know it too Castiel. You are asking me to sacrifice happiness for a destructive and non-functioning family!”

“I’m not asking that at all.” His brother replied looking up with shocked eyes. “I’m telling you that if you don’t do as I say, then you will die and so will everyone in this town. You can’t win Gabriel, you know it too.”

He shook his head “No, it’s not happening. I won’t do it.”

And he left.

He ended up in front of the high school. He didn’t know how or why but he accepted the fact that his subconscious was being an obvious douche.

Heaving a sigh he left the school and began walking up and down the streets of the small town. There was nowhere to go here. How did Katherine survive this torment of seeing the same scenes every day?

It must get exhausting and incredibly boring.

That gave him an idea. They could run away now, why wait for her to finish school? It was summer anyway and there were no ties for her here now. No parents anymore (Oops.) and it wasn’t like they had to sell the house. They could use it as a summer home.

Live together in a city where hiding from his brother would be much easier than here. They could have a whole life together and be happy, kids and white picket fences, the whole charade.