chapter 25

The next chapter is ready! We are getting close to the end now. Starting to wrap up loose ends and what not. Don't worry, there will still be a few chapter after this. Just giving you all a heads up if things start to get a little rushed as I suspect they will. Enjoy the chapter!! 
*********************************************************************************************

Chapter 25:
Gabriel

The moment they got home, Katherine ran upstairs and went to bed.

She didn’t say a word to him, not that he blamed. He had left her in the forest after all. He felt bad about that, truly he did. He had just lost his temper, no one had ever hit across the face before and to be honest it had hurt... A LOT.

He could tell it had hurt her too, but that hadn’t seemed to matter to him. He was more worried about the sharp sting that was vibrating off his face.

She was unnaturally strong for a human. There was no way the girl should be able to hit an angel and make it hurt. He hated to think about what she’d do to a demon or any other creature...

Gabriel could hear her upstairs. She was pacing back and forth. Probably thinking, she paced when there was a lot on her mind. Then the pacing stopped.  There was silence for a minute. And then he heard the sobs.

It was too much, he stormed up the stairs and burst into the room where he found Katherine sitting on her bed with her head in her hands.

He sat down beside her and placed a hand on her shoulder. As if it were a natural reflex, Katherine fell over and placed her head in his lap. He smiled down at her and stroked her hair, he let her cry softly and then asked “What’s wrong?”

Katherine let out a choked laugh “Like you don’t know!” She looked up and he knew she would find genuine curiosity on his face “Oh my God... Gabe my life is a mess is what’s wrong!”

“There are problems sure, but I wouldn’t call it a mess!”

She rolled her eyes “It’s definitely a mess! I will be sacrificed to Lucifer in a week, my best friend hates me, my parents are dead so I can’t even say goodbye them, my ex is a werewolf, and I hunt monsters and to top it all off...” Katherine stopped and looked him in the eye “I fell in love with an angel.”

Gabriel grinned and met her head with his lips “I fell in love with an angel too.”

Katherine rolled her eyes and curled into his lap, falling asleep. He stared down at her in frustration and muttered softly “Again? My legs are going to go to sleep!”

She said nothing and he knew that she was already fast asleep.  

He smiled down at her and rolled his eyes a little. He was pretty sure she had fallen asleep like this on purpose. She knew it bugged him when he couldn’t stretch out his legs.

Instead, he unruffled his wings and wrapped the around the two of them. It felt good to have them released for awhile. As long as her eyes stayed closed, he wouldn’t hurt her. Eve’s first incarnation had been able to look at his true form but he hadn’t let any of the others see and so he wasn’t sure if she still could.

He didn’t really want to test the theory in case it would hurt her. But he had to admit, it felt good to be free for a little.

Katherine sighed happily and shifted in his lap. Her hand fell off the bed and grazed the bottom half of his wings. Her hand jerked back and he knew she was awake now. Before he could retract his wings her eyes were open and she was staring at the wings “Am I really seeing this?”

“Yes.”

“They’re beautiful.” She breathed, reaching out and stroking one of them.

He grinned, he was very proud of his wings. They were gold each feather shone a different shade of the colour.

Katherine smiled as she ran her fingers along them, “Are you in your real form right now?”

“Almost, if I went anymore I would probably kill you.” He sighed, her finger felt good along the feathers. It was almost like a drug to him, instant pleasure.

“I don’t think you would kill me.” She whispered softly.

Gabriel smiled down at her “Eve was able to take it... I never tried it again though with your other incarnations. I don’t want to take the risk of losing you.”

“I want to see if I can see your true form.” She pleaded “Please Gabe, for me?”

He let out a rough laugh “I hate when you plead like that Kat.” He couldn’t say no to her and he really did want to know if she could see him in his pure form. It would be so nice if she could. To not have to hide in his vessel all the goddamn time!

Gently, he picked her up and placed her on the bed. She sat there with wide eyes and watched him eagerly.

“If you feel like you are starting to burn, tell me right away okay? I don’t want to hurt you.” Gabriel told her seriously. She nodded her head and sat there, the same eager look still plain on her face.

He nodded “Okay, here we go.”

The room lit up with a bright light as he left his vessel. The human slumped to the floor, exhausted from having to carry around a divine essence all the time. He stood there, bare chest and golden wings sprouting behind him. His hair was a dark gold as well, falling around his face and curling at his ears. He wore pure white pants and grinned down at Katherine.

In this form he was a lot taller. His head was just below the ceiling, he had to slouch slightly so his head didn’t graze it.

Katherine sat there frozen, staring at him in awe. Her eyes didn’t start to smoke; she remained intact and completely beautiful. “You’re... You’re amazing.”

“Thank you, you’re not too bad yourself.”

She smiled and stood up. Katherine hesitantly walked up to him, reaching out her hand. He grinned at her, took her wrist and placed it on his chest “It’s alright.” He whispered “I won’t hurt you.”

Her grin widened and she placed both hands on his chest, running them up and down his muscles. She slid them over his shoulders and began to stroke the base of his wings. He shivered with delight and put his palms on her lower back.

She pressed herself against him and he buried his face in her hair, inhaling the sweet scent of her mixed with her shampoo. Citrus, it seemed to be. He began to trail kisses along her neck and down her shoulder. She put her head back and a small moan escaped her lips.

Gabriel stopped at the end of her shoulder and gently rested his lips there. Slowly he trailed his hands down her back and guided her legs around his waist. She wrapped them gladly and wrapped her arms tighter around him, moving them up to his neck. He moved his mouth back to hers; he kissed her rapidly never wanting to let this moment end. She kissed him back and he felt her mouth turn into a grin.

“I love you.” She whispered while running her fingers through his hair.

He grinned “I love you more Katherine Mackenzie.” He held her tight. He carried her over to the bed and they fell in a heap of limbs and hot rapid kisses.

Gabriel tugged at the hem of Katherine’s shirt, lifting it over her head. Her face reappeared with a giant grin on her face. He tossed the shirt to the floor and pulled off his own. She reached up with her arm and brought his face back down onto hers.

Her legs were still wrapped around his waist and her hands were exploring the muscles and grooves of his skin.

His wings spanned out and encircled them, giving them privacy and protection from the outside world.

Katherine’s face was illuminated by the glow his wings gave off. Heavenly light enunciated her already perfect features. He grinned down at her and placed his hands on her hips, kissing all along her face. Another moan escaped her and he found her lips again.

“I will always find you Katherine. I will always love you, no matter what happens. Remember that okay?” Gabriel whispered as he slowly began to let her go. Her eyes showed disappointment and curiosity. He couldn’t explain to her why he’d stopped, he just couldn’t be with her that way knowing what he planned to do to save her. It wasn’t right.

“I know you do Gabriel. And I feel the same way.” She whispered. She reached up and kissed him lightly.

Her face full of wonder and a little sadness, she unwrapped her legs from around his waist and let go of his neck. He sat up and unfurled his wings, spreading them out. They shone in the moonlight that came through the window.

His vessel on the floor began to awake and he quickly took control again of him. There was no way he was going to let him see his Katherine without a top. No way in Heaven or Hell.

Back in his vessel he sat back down on the edge of her bed. She had curled into a ball and was watching him with big silent eyes. He lay down behind her and pulled her close to him so her backside was pressing close to him.

“Goodnight my beautiful human.” He whispered into her ear.