chatper 21

Okay I know this chapter is super short and I am so sorry but I have kind of hit a mind blank. Don't worry, I think I have figured it out but for now this is what we get. I decided to try and show Gabriel'f feelings for Katherine a little btt more here. Hope you like it anyway. 

***********************************************************************************************

Chapter 21:

Gabriel

They arrived at the theater about thirty minutes later. There were people arriving all over, coming up to the building and entering for the show.

With Katherine’s hand clutched tightly in his they walked to the back of the building and he flew them inside to a pair of seats that he knew would be empty.

“Are you sure we can be here?” She whispered leaning over to him.

Gabriel smiled at her and said “They won’t even notice.” 

She shrugged and rolled her eyes leaning away.

He could tell that no matter what her morals were about sneaking into a high class theater to see an incredibly well known and expensive show, she wanted to be here. She wanted to see what the people on the stage would show them. Hell, he really wanted to see.

The concept of theater was always one that had amused him throughout time. Humans had always had some form of this luxury; it didn’t matter which century you were in. Humans either loved to be entertained or entertained in this manner and frankly, he couldn’t blame them.

To be part of the theater was to have a family. He didn’t know if it was still as such but from what he could remember, the cast was almost always very close; with the minor exceptions of a few prima donnas, every cast had them.

Gabriel heard the doors to the theater being opened and the crowd who had actually bought tickets began to file in. No one questioned the fact that there were already people there. As long as the two of them weren’t sitting in their seats, they were simply ignored.

That was another nice thing about humans. They almost always minded their own business as long as it didn’t affect them personally. Of course there were those few pretentious assholes. Some people just didn’t know how to mind their own business. Those were the kind of people he liked to screw around with, get inside their heads and teach them a lesson.

With the theater almost completely full, he sat and waited for the lights to dim and the show to begin.

A giant smile spread across his face as the figures around him began to dim and fade. A hand clutched at his and he could sense Katherine beside him vibrating with excitement. A warm feeling spread through his chest at the thought of having put the excitement there.

As the show started, Gabriel found that he could hardly focus on the show. The expression of awe and happiness that could be found on Katherine’s face was far more interesting to him.

The show went on and on, Gabriel found that by intermission he had no idea what was going on in the play. Before the lights came back on though, he was sure to look at the stage and clap with the rest of the audience, this way Katherine had no idea he had been staring at her the whole time.

“Wasn’t that amazing?” She asked with a giant grin.

Gabriel grinned back “Yes, it was amazing.”

After the intermission, the crowd filed back in and the second half the show began. This time Gabriel tried to pay at least some attention; however, he found it hard to do when he had not seen part one and Katherine was smiling happily.

An expression he didn’t see play across her lips very often anymore.

So while the performers danced and sang across the stage, Gabriel watched Katherine’s face all lit up with joy.

When the show ended the audience all stood with the two of them included, and clapped in appreciation. The performers came out, taking a bow and then all together at the end. The audience whooped and cheered, their hands coming together in a loud raucous of happy energy.

 Then they the lights came on brighter and the curtain closed. The people who had actually paid for their tickets began to file out of the doors. Gabriel though took Katherine’s hand and they flew back to her house.

They landed in her living room and he smiled as her face continued to glow.

Reaching up, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him softly. “Thank you for tonight Gabriel. It was lovely.”

He smiled down at her and shrugged “You deserve it, after all the next few weeks are probably going to be hard. You deserve some happiness while you can.”

“That’s sad to think you know, that I could be gone soon.”

He tucked his thumb under her chin and shook his head “You won’t be gone.”

“How could you possibly know that?”

He hesitated for a minute, should he tell her his plan? No he couldn’t do that! She would only try to stop him and that was something he just couldn’t have. It had to happen his way.

Shaking off his negative thoughts he smiled down at her with his most cocky grin “Because I’m an angel and I know pretty much everything.”

She looked at him and then pulled her chin away laughing “Did you have to ruin the moment?”

Gabriel put his hands on her waist and pulled her closer with a sneaky smile “Who said it was ruined?”

Katherine put her hands on his and giggled pulling away “I do. Now I am going to go to bed and you can stay down here.”

“Do I have to?” He faked whined with a pleading smile.

He saw her resolve breaking and knew he had to give her what she wanted. So he laughed and then walked away from her and collapsed onto the couch. He put his feet up on the arm and crossed his arms behind his head.

“I’ll be fine down here Kat. You go get some sleep.”

She looked at him unsurely and then shook her head and hurried up the stairs. When she reached the top she looked back down at him and said “Thank you again for a good day.”

He looked up at her and said sincerely “Anything for you Kat, anything for you.”

She gave him an odd expression, as if she was unsure how to respond. There was a glint in her eyes for a second that made him fear that she knew what he was planning to do, but it disappeared as quickly as it had come. Katherine nodded and then vanished around the corner into her room.

“I love you...” He whispered and then closed his eyes and drifted into the back of his mind where he kept all his deep and troubling thoughts.

The one that surfaced the most these days was the one of what to do about his damned brother. He could exactly kill him; no one was really able to do that. If he could get close enough though he may be able to send him back to Hell. Even if that included going with him, it was worth it.

He figured there had to be a spell or a ritual for that, so he would look it up whenever Kat was at school. She only had one week left so he would have to work quickly, she could never find out. She just couldn’t.

“I’m doing this for you...” He thought and then let his mind go silent for the rest of the night. 

******************************************************************

Like I said, really sorry for the shortness. I will try and make the next chapter longer and more detailed. Thank you for bearing with me on this!!