It's All Over

Clint knew one fact: he was going to fall. Hard.

The cracks in the glass paneling spread out from under his hands. His heart raced as he racked his brain for an easy escape.

Shards of glass fell from under Clint's right hand. The archer immediately tried to get up and jump off, but soon met the other fallen shards on the hard, carpeted floor.

He was frozen in pain for what felt like forever. His back arched up when a shooting pain shot up his spine. Clint could see his right arm wasn't bending the right way, and it definitely didn't feel right.

The quiver on his back took most of the impact, but that impact was immediately transferred to Clint's body. He swore the quiver had ruptured and some of the arrows had snapped.

Echoes of laughter were behind him.

"It's just the weak, little Avenger: Hawk Boy!"
A male voice mocked, laughing maniacally afterwards. The body belonging to the voice grabbed his broken arm and heaved him up. Clint whimpered in pain and immediately pulled away. He stumbled back a few feet and crashed into a table, causing it to shift.

A few guns were aimed at his chest. Perfect.

"Don't run. You're injured," a woman's Scottish-accented voice informed.

"My legs aren't." He looked over at a gun that had just been cocked.

"Down on your knees." More flicks off the safeties.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry I crashed the party. Here, let me help get things going again." Clint quickly whipped out a trick arrow and threw it to the floor. It activated and a smoke bomb went off.

He has twenty seconds at most to escape. Clint did just that.

Shots were fired into the smoke, only blasting holes in the wall.

"Where'd he go?!"

"I don't see him!"

"Find him!" The agents shouted at each other.

Hawkeye bolted down the hall and tried to find an exit. A supply closet was his only source of cover. He closed the door and gripped the knob tightly. Blood throbbed in his ears as he heard footsteps run past the closet.

Clint then cracked the door open and peered out, letting a sliver of light shine through. No one was there. He hurriedly stepped out of the closet and ran in the opposite direction the agents went.

The archer reached back to retrieve an arrow, but the quiver was no longer attached to his back.

"Dammit," Clint quietly swore, clenching his teeth together. He still had his bow. If he needed to fight, he'd beat the shit out of them with that.

"C'mere, boy..." A woman's voice softly called from behind him, talking as if she was talking to a dog or little kid. "I won't hurt you."

Clint span around and noticed a symbol on her uniform he didn't recognize.

"How would you like to come to the Dominion?" Again, childlike.

"How would you like for my to put an arrow through your eye?"

The woman chuckled. "You'll never learn. You're coming with us. HYDRA, nor AIM, want you alive. We're the only ones who want you alive."

"I'm touched," Clint said sarcastically, snapping out his collapsible bow. It killed his broken arm.

"What are you planning on doing with that?"

"Getting out of here alive."

"How? You're already captured." She took a small pistol out of her belt loop and shot him once in the stomach before he could react.

Clint cried out in pain, doubling over. He pressed his hand against the wound. Blood seeped through his uniform and through his fingers.

Hawkeye had been shot before, but he knew this was no ordinary bullet.

"That should keep you under control." The woman held the barrel up to her bright red lips and blew on it. She put it back in her belt loop.

Clint fell to his knees. His world was spinning and fading away. He watched the woman walk up and kneel down in front of him. Her cold hand rested against his cheek, and he could feel her fingernails force his head up.

"Welcome to the Dominion, SHIELD. You've killed so many people, including some of our agents. We'll be happy to have the killer in our custody." Those were the last words Clint fell unconscious on the floor.

It was so quick.

Now it was all over.

Natasha had watched her friend fall into the enemy's hands through a paneled window.

She had to warn the others.

Thanks to those who commented and voted! And thanks to those who read. It's greatly appreciated! :)