Break the Wings

Natasha Romanoff jumped awake. She sat up in bed and took in her surroundings. Bedroom. Her apartment. Avengers tower.

Then it hit her:

Clint didn't come home with her.

The assassin laid back down in bed and drew her knees up to her chest. Her red hair rested over her eyes. Clint, where are you?

He was essential to the team. The first Avenger to be lost.

Kidnapped. Natasha watched her best friend taken away from her. She didn't tell the others about his kidnapping. To the rest of her team, they were separated and she lost  communication with him.

"Miss Romanoff, there is a box in the lab enlisted to you," JARVIS informed.

She tossed the blankets back and got out of bed. She took one glance at the clock. "At this hour? It's three in the morning, Jarvis."

There was no comment from JARVIS.

21 Days

Natasha walked to the lab and over to the exact place JARVIS told her to go. There was a wrinkled plastic bag tied at the handles on the teleportation pad.

Black Widow tore the sack open with her nails and froze when she saw the thick material. Her hand floated over the red, grey, and black material before gently picking it up like broke glass. Her heart pounded quickly as she noticed the large amount of blood that stained parts of the vest. 

"Clint..." The assassin managed to choke out.

She choked on her tears for a minute before wrapping the vest back up in the crackling bag. She paused again when she found a note stapled to the back.

Natasha tore it from the staple and read it.

Avengers,
We are the ones who took Hawkeye from the hotel. He is now in critical condition in a military hospital. You may come and see him. The location is written on the back of this paper.

The assassin brightened up when she realized Clint was still alive. She asked no questions about the bloody vest, and she didn't question the simple note. All that mattered was that Clint was alive.

Natasha, how could you be so stupid?

Natasha immediately called her team to the Commons, then ran there with the wrapped up vest and note in her hands.

Out of breath, she reached the Commons after everyone arrived. "Guys...I know where he is...he's alive."

21 Days

It was one of those days, Clint figured.

Most of the time the lab assistants and researchers acted like his doctors. The ones that hate his guts because he denies any help or medication.

Like when he got his first surgery in a secret SHIELD hospital. Okay, that wasn't entirely his fault. He couldn't stop his appendix from exploding. A bullet just had to hit him in the weak spot of his old vest and pierce his appendix.

Clint smirked at the memory in his head. He bit their hands, kicked needles away, and literally had five people holding him down when they were sedating him for surgery. After that, he'd wake up in the best bed restraints.

Just like here.

"God dammit, hold still!" The male lab assistant growled, jabbing the sharp needle at Clint again.

The SHIELD agent once again dodged the needle and twisted the other's man's arm. He used his other hand to press against the same man's neck.

Clint took a sharp breath in before talking. "You took me from my team, you stripped me of my dignity, and you expect me to obey you like a quiet lab rat?" The archer then chuckled. "Not gonna happen." He pushed the man away from him. The syringe clattered on the tile floor.