Barnes Interrupted

Guards were down everywhere.

Pietro and Wanda Maximoff stood in the center of the room, looking down at every guard they had brought down. Blood stained the walls and floor around them. This had been their first kill.

"Find Barnes?" Wanda looked at her brother, wanting to get the plan over with.

Pietro nodded once before picking his twin sister up and bolting away.

21 Days

Bucky Barnes bolted around the brick building and into an alleyway. He panted and watched the squad car speed around the corner and head directly down the street—moving away from him. It was heading toward the Avengers tower.

Thank God.

The soldier peeked around the corner and found the coast to be clear. He came out of hiding and pulled down the bill of his cap, hiding his eyes as much as he could. He placed both hands in his jacket pockets, one metal, one flesh.

Steve was in the tower when it was attacked. Bucky had several questions running through his head: should he go help? Is Steve alive? Are they trying to find him?

The man picked up his pace and intervened among the pedestrians on the streets.

Bucky froze when someone recognized him.

"Winter Soldier!"

He heard a few squad cars screech as they turned around and raced toward his location.

With the damaged super soldier serum coursing through his veins, Bucky was able to outrun the cops and citizens trying to catch him.

Avengers tower. He could hide there for s while. If he was caught, he could say he was one of the Avengers. That's it!

Bucky hurried toward the tower, then used his metal arm to shatter the glass door so he could enter the tower and find the people attacking the tower. There had to be survivors, right? He stopped and turned toward the sound of a Quinjet crash landing on the landing pad, then the door craning open.

21 Days

Wanda looked at her twin brother as they stood in the middle of New York City. "We need to run. We don't need Barnes or Barton. Pietro, we're free. We can go home..." She carefully took her brother's hand as she faced him.

Pietro pulled away. "What do we have left? Stark killed our parents...we can't return to Sokovia. We need to find the Avengers..."

The girl Maximoff sighed and looked toward the tower. Her eyes widened at the sight of the flames rising from several stories up. The Quinjet was barely all the way on the landing pad, and even that was sparking.

21 Days

The brainwashed archer loaded his bow and walked inside the Avengers tower. He was met by Captain America's shield, which came centimeters away from his face. He turned toward the direction it was projected from, drew back the string of his bow, then launched an explosive arrow. 

Natasha hid behind the bar counter in the Avenger's Commons area. She clocked her gun, then stood up and started shooting at Clint, but she couldn't bring herself to hitting him.

Clint turned toward her, his eyes ice blue and cold. He didn't know what he was doing, and Natasha meant nothing to him at the moment. 

As he pulled back the arrow with her name on it, the Winter Soldier rushed over between the arrow and Natasha. Threatened, Clint reached back and grabbed an electric shock arrow to disable Bucky's arm with. 

Bucky grabbed Clint's wrist with his left hand and crushed the bones underneath the metal, forcing the other man to drop the weapon. The soldier then used his other hand to force the archer up against the wall and lift him up off the floor. 

While the other Avengers stood there and watched, Natasha panicked, thinking he was going to kill her best friend. "Drop him!" She aimed the loaded gun at Bucky's back.

"I'm not killing him. I don't do that anymore..." Bucky kept his eyes on Clint's struggling form. The archer struggled to breathe, but the restraining hand only grew tighter.

"Shoot Barton, Natasha!" Tony ordered.

"I can't shoot him!" she cried, her hands still shakily holding the gun. 

Bruce caught sight of the line of staples on the side of Clint's scalp. "Shoot him down, Nat! I need to see his head!"

Natasha didn't understand until she also noticed the line of staples on Clint's head. Her best friend was being controlled somehow, and she knew Bruce could probably help fix everything. She still couldn't bring herself to shooting Clint, even if it did mean just wounding him.

Bucky dropped Clint, making him collapse on the ground and gasp for air before struggling to get up and grab his weapons for another attack. 

The Winter Soldier snatched the gun from Natasha before she could react, then fired two bullets into the archer.

Sorry for the wait! I hope this chapter is okay for you guys! No flames please, and I'm sorry for any mistakes!

Do you guys have any suggestions for future chapters?