Agent Barton is Our Enemy

I made the worst mistake by taking a break from this story for a while. So...I hope you enjoy the chapter!

"Clint!" Natasha screamed, running over to her fallen partner's side. She ignored the shouting from her teammates who were wanting her to get away from him. Natasha quickly looked up and scanned the area for anything nearby that could help soak up the blood. "I need towels!"

Steve hurried off to the lab and found some clean rags in one of the bottom cabinets before returning to the scene. "Nat." He threw her the rags once she looked in his direction. 

Natasha scrambled to grab the material and press it up against Clint's heavily bleeding gunshot wounds. "This is bad, this is--Bruce! You gotta help him!"

"Yeah, if Barton's still in his Murder-Bot mode, do you really want him to piss off Bruce and cause him to go green?" Tony believed Clint's easy capture had to be an act.

"Barton was in a military hospital, how is this possible?" Thor spoke up, confused.

Natasha shook her head. "It was a set up. Clint was captured and they made us all believe they were helping him." She let out a breath before speaking again. "I hacked their security camera system. The people who took him work with Hydra." The female Avenger's hands were now soaked with the crimson blood from her best friend. "Dammit, he needs a doctor. Bruce..." she turned her head to look at him.

Bruce was hesitant. "I-I'm not that kind of doctor..." Bruce had access to the supplies the doctors who had taken care of the team before had left behind, but he was always cautious. One mistake from him could end the life of one of his teammates.

"We don't have time to call anyone who is that kind of doctor!" A pause. "Doc, you're gonna love field surgery."

One the barely conscious archer heard the word 'surgery,' he used all his will power to try to get up to escape, but it didn't end well. It required little effort for Natasha to push Clint back down into his own spreading pile of blood. He started mumbling--begging-- to be put to sleep.

"it's hard telling what they did to him..." Natasha would kill whoever hurt her teammate, even if it was another Avenger.

Bruce brought a gray duffle bag full of supplies over to Strike Team Delta and knelt down so he could have a clear inspection of the bullet wounds. Thor walked over beside them and stood beside Bruce. Since Steve was now chasing  Bucky, who had decided to bolt only a few minutes after shooting Clint, Thor would be the only one strong enough to hold him down. Of course, Natasha was capable of doing it, but she decided to help keep him calm as Bruce worked.

Tony let out a quick laugh. "You're seriously helping Barton after he half of the exterior of my tower?!"

"Shit can be replaced, Tony!" Natasha growled, keeping Clint's hand in hers. The look in her eyes forced Tony to shut up.

Bruce took out a new bottle of rubbing alcohol. He tore the plastic off and popped the lid open. "Sorry about this..." When the clear liquid touched the open wounds, Clint cried out and struggled to get away from them. Thor pinned his arms down by his side. 

Natasha took the black beanie off Clint's head as soon as she saw him break into a sweat. His hair had been cut away even more and allowed Natasha to see a two-inch, thin scar run across the side of his skull. "Bruce?"

"Kinda busy, Nat..." Bruce succeeded at digging out the first bullet as Thor held the archer down.

"This is important. Is this just a cut on his head, or..."

Bruce looked up to see what she was talking about. Upon getting a closer look, he noticed something off about the cut. "Has Clint had brain surgery before?"

"No...do you think--" Black Widow was cut off.

"It's a surgical scar. Clean, too. Something they probably did wherever the hell they were keeping him." Bruce focussed on getting the last bullet out. 

"'Tasha?" Clint was shaky, nearly going into shock. "Help....ten days..."

"Ten days until what?" Natasha glanced at him, then looked at Tony. "He needs fluids. Hand me an IV bag." The answer to her question never came from the wounded Avenger.

Tony, not daring to upset Natasha again, did as asked and returned with an IV bag, tube, and packaged needle. Natasha took the supplies and tore the needle's paper package open with her teeth. After securing the supplies together, the carefully slid the needle into a vein in Clint's lower left forearm. She then carefully squeezed the fluid bag, wanting to get as much flowing as possible. 

Black Widow stayed beside her best friend and tried everything to keep him calm as Bruce worked. Bruce worked to keep the blood drainage at a minimum. "Thanks for that, Nat." Bruce motioned to the IV bag. 

"Don't let them....here. H-hydra...operate....weapon--twins..." Clint was delirious as he struggled to keep conscious. He started squirming, which forced Thor to pin him down again.

"One the bullet's out, I want him restrained," Tony said flatly, watching the makeshift field surgery from a distance. 

Natasha turned toward him. "Tony, he's fine. It's safe!"

"If he's fine, then why did he just try to kill us! He's..." Tony sighed. "He's a puppet in something, Natasha. Before he cracks again, we need to turn him over to...well....he'll be safe in the Raft...he's an enemy now, Nat."

"If you lock him up in a cell there, then you'll have to do the same to me! Clint's not like that!" Natasha growled as she stood up and faced Tony with clenched fists. "Agent Barton was sent to kill me, but he made a different call.. I-I should've watched him! I knew he'd try something stupid! It's Clint; the same guy who can eat a large pizza in twenty minutes!"

Bruce managed to take the final bullet out as Tony and Natasha argued over Clint's fate and stupidity. He put a few stitches in, then cleaned the wounds once more before wrapping a heavy bandage around his middle. 

"Where should I take Barton?" Thor asked, standing up as Bruce stood up. 

"His room. Even if Tony wants to take him to the Raft, he's in no condition to travel." As they were looking away, Clint was determined to escape. He forced himself to get up off the floor, not caring that blood was slowly seeping through the thick bandage around his middle. He fumbled around for his gun, which he could've swore was tucked under his belt. Once his hand wrapped around the grip, he froze and looked at his teammates. Were they evil? Could he trust them?

"Clint!" The archer froze and closed his eyes. The plastic IV bag's corner was pinched between two fingers as he attempted to walk away with it. Natasha caught him. Of course, she always does. 

But before he could turn around, his eyes rolled into the back of his head as he blacked out and collapsed to the floor.

21 Days

The doctor back at the Dominion's facility frowned at the computer screen that showed that Clint was no longer under their control. "No!" he yelled as he shoved the files that were on the table onto the floor. The papers scattered everywhere. 

He had to get to the Avenger's tower and put an end to it all. 

And I have updated! Do you guys have any ideas for new chapters? I'm running low on ideas for this at the moment! I would give you credit! 

Sorry for any mistakes or sentence structure errors. No flames, please! Thank you!