Strike Team Delta: Fugitives/ Thank you!!!

Guys, thank you so much for making this story reach over 7K views! It means a lot to me, especially since it was my very first Avengers fic. In celebration of reaching that, I've released a new story that is based on the MCU and Matt Fraction comic take on Clint Barton:

Hawkeye (NETFLIX series)!! Could you check it out? The prelude is the first part that is up, and I hope to upload an actual part 1 to the first episode then! Thank you so much!

Anyway, enjoy!

How much is too much?

It has been four days since Clint's return.

Natasha Romanoff stared at the wall on the opposite side of the room, glancing at her best friend's still form in the medical bay bed every now and then. A thick grey mitten covered his right hand while his left hand was handcuffed to the bed rail. 

They didn't trust him...even while he was knocked unconscious. Clint was a human weapon who could get out of almost any restraint.

Tony wouldn't step foot into the room while Natasha was in there. They were sending Clint to the Raft on Saturday, which was only two days away. 

They were Strike Team Delta. The Black Widow wouldn't let them split them apart. She slowly got up out of her chair and stood by Clint's bedside. She forced a smirk. "I'm surprised you haven't fallen out of bed yet, Clint. You're..." she swallowed, wanting to cry for the first time in years. Her eyes were glassy. "You're a clutz..."

A few slow moments passed before Natasha wiped her eyes with the back of her hand, then reached over to pull the mitten off Clint's hand. His flesh was soaked with sweat. "Tony will kill me for this. Well, try to. Try." 

Natasha's heart dropped immediately after she disconnected the IV from her friend and an alarm went off. If she left Clint now, they'd think he was faking sleep and most likely throw him in a cell or send him to the Raft sooner. If she stayed, well, she'd just have to see who came to scan the area.

Luckily, it was Bruce who stopped by, a small electrical probe in his right hand just in case Clint was awake and attacked him. He seemed surprised when he noticed the archer still asleep.

"You're keeping him drugged..." Natasha shot a glare at the doctor.

Bruce tried to defend himself. "I'm not. It's Tony who's afraid he'll try to attack someone. He blew up part of the tower, 'Tasha..."

"You've known he was a killer long before he was kidnapped. That's his job, that's my job. He trusted you, Bruce. You helped him when he was wounded in Sokovia."

Bruce sighed. "That's not my call, Natasha. We don't know what they did to his brain in that place." He paused for a moment, and the next words out of his mouth seemed like they hurt. "Anyway, I was already on my way here before you let the alarm go off. Tony's decided to send Clint to the Raft tonight. He'll be safe there, Natasha..."

Natasha was quiet for a minute, breathing deeply to keep from screaming. "Get out of here." She slowly walked toward the scientist.

Bruce backed out of the room. "'Tasha, please!" 

"Tell Stark that Clint's not going anywhere. He's going to find those people who did this to Clint and have them rewind the programming!" She grabbed the edge of the door, then slammed the door in Bruce's face. She then turned around and leaned back against the door.

Clint remained unconscious for another hour before trying to wake up. Natasha had made sure to switch the anesthetic solution with a simple solution that would help flush out the first drug.

She swallowed a lump in her throat before calling out to her friend. "C-Clint?"

The archer opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling for a moment before looking over at Natasha. "Nat?" he was groggy. "W-what happened?" He slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes. 

"Take it easy," Natasha said quietly. "You're safe. Well, for now. We need to get out of here. Tony wants you locked up. I-I don't want to say much because we don't have time for it...can you walk?"

"Nat, I had, like, a 104 degree fever or something sometime back, and I was running across roofs and shooting things from a distance. Of course I can walk."

Yeah, once he was up, he face-planted the floor.

Natasha growled, upset over his stupidity, then helped him get up and sit down on the medical bay bed. "Stay here." He gave him a quick once over. "You okay? What did they do to you?" 

"Things I thought I'd never think of. They shaved my head, like, maybe twice, gave me brain surgery of some kind, operated when I was awake, took my hearing aids and literally implanted them inside of me...and they gave me God knows what. Anyway, Nat, they've kidnapped a lot of people...and they have kids there! Two kids with enhancements!"  Natasha made him lie back when Clint began to get dizzy. 

Natasha walked over to the small closet on the opposite side of the room and pulled out a change of clothes for her teammate. She threw them on the bed and made eye contact with him. "Get dressed. I'm getting you out of here. I don't know where we'll go, but I'm not letting Tony send you to the Raft. I-I'll help you get better, and once you're better, we're shutting down that research facility."

21 Days

Neither Hawkeye or Black Widow knew that the facility had not only implanted hearing devices in Clint's ears, but they had also implanted a microscopic microphone that clearly picked up their conversation. They had to gain control of their assassin again, or send one of their old assassins after him.

The Winter Soldier.

The programming was asleep in Barnes for now, but once he was triggered, he'd be completely under their control.

The 21 day limit was slowly coming to an end, but the Winter Soldier may kill the archer before the time was up. 

Strike Team Delta had twelve hours of freedom left before all hell broke lose.

Slight filler, but I needed to bring back Bucky Barnes...and the Maximoff Twins!

No flames, please! Thank you!