No Time for Goodbyes

Thank you so much to those who have voted, commented, or have supported this story! It means a lot!!

***** If you enjoy Clint/Natasha, Clint getting thrown off a moving train, Natasha being taken by HYDRA, or Avenger action, please check out my new story "Before the War," which takes place before The Avengers! *****

Do you guys wanna know who Barney is portrayed by? Well...

Jensen Ackles as Barney Barton

Okay, on with the chapter!

"Clint, run!" Natasha immediately screamed at the top of her lungs, hoping Clint was too far away to hear it.

Barney was definitely a strong agent. He gave a death glare to Tony before taking off after his brother, a loaded gun attached to his hip. 

"Our Agent Barton has been trained to handle rogue agents. He'll be dragging Clint's lifeless corpse back here by sundown," Red Nails spat, then eyed Tony, "You're stupid for sending that patriotic lab rat after out bounty! Barney will shoot him down in an instant."

Tony took a step toward her, which caused her to take one small step back. The heel of her boot clicked against the tile floor, a sound Clint Barton knew too well from his time at the facility. 

"You're afraid." Tony smirked. 

"I'm not the one who should be afraid." Red Nails glared, her hand reaching behind her back and grabbing the gun secured under her belt. 

21 Days

Run faster. Don't look down. 

Clint felt tears sting his eyes as he rushed down to the tower's garage. The pain in his abdomen was excruciating without the pain meds, and he was sure blood was seeping through the bandages. If he looked down, he would most likely trip over his own feet. 

He ducked behind one of Tony's expensive vehicles because he thought he had heard footsteps. After waiting for a few seconds, he recognized it as only the heavy sound of the blood pumping in his ears. As he peered over the hood, he spotted one of Natasha's Harley Davidson sportsters sitting a few yards in front of the car. 

It was small, fast...a perfect escape tool. 

The archer's eyes quickly darted over to the large garage door. The sound of it opening would draw so much unwanted attention, but he had to get out.

"Don't kill me, Nat..." Clint mumbled to himself after he slammed his hand down on the garage door opener and hurriedly got on her bike. He nervously swung his head around as he started the motor to see if anyone was in the garage with him,

No one. At least, not yet.

The door seemed to be taking forever to rise, and Clint could hear the blood pumping in his ears again. Once the opening was as tall as the bike, he raced for the exit, leaving black tire tracks after he took off. The archer ducked down as he slid through the opening, the door just grazing his grey cargo jacket.