Generation X

18 days...
A little over two weeks until his execution.

Hours had passed since his team had left him in hell. Hours since his last operation...and he was being thrown around again.

The pain was unbearable. He couldn't bring a breath into his lungs without a shooting pain flaring through his body.

Red Nails smiled at his pain. She loved watching the Avenger squirm.

"Remember what you're doing today?"

"Dying?"

His psychotic caretaker smirked. "Not yet."

21 Days

Clint thought he was the only one being experimented on in the lab, but he was far from right. Of course, he was only allowed to go places his handlers allowed him to go. Two biological weapons remained alive in the lab: Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Weird and Fast. Nicknamed Generation X by some of the facility 'researchers'.

Wanda came out from the locker room in the training area. "Pietro..."

Her twin brother, who was on the opposite side of the room, super sped over to her.

The female twin sucked in a deep breath of air through her nose, then quickly let it out. "There is another."

"One of us?" The male Russian asked.

"No...worse." She turned her head to check if anyone else was in the room, then looked back at Pietro. "An Avenger."

"The big one?"

"No. The archer..."

Pietro smirked. "The weak one."

Both twins turned their attentive gazes at the door when they heard the lock click. The door slid into the wall, then Clint was roughly shoved into the room.

The door sealed shut behind him before he could react.

There was a gust of wind and a blue blur immediately after the archer was thrown into the room. Clint was knocked off his feet and sent flying into the drywall behind him before he could turn around.

The archer yelped in pain when he made contact with the wall, which dented and cracked under pressure. He balanced himself, then turned around and faced the twins. "Who are—?"

"We know who you are," Wanda stated flatly, staying close to Pietro, who was mumbling something about the archer not seeing his swift attack coming.

"I'm not a threat..." Clint backed up and took in a sharp breath of air when his back hit the wall behind him.

"Let's settle this once and for all," Pietro growled, then delivered a punch to Clint's jaw from the side. Clint was thrown to the floor.

Still using super speed, Pietro bolted to the other side of the room. "You didn't see that coming?"

Clint reached up and slowly rubbed his dislocated jaw before popping it back into place. He kept his gaze on the male twin.

Wanda held back a chuckle.

The archer looked up at the corners of the room where the white walls met the ceiling. Small gray cameras were positioned to capture every movement and sound the hostages made.

"You're next," Wanda informed after reading his thoughts.

"You're biological weapons..."

"And you're a biological moron," Pietro said sarcastically, rolling his eyes and turning his head the other way.

"Do you know what they're going to do to you?" Wanda asked softly, not wanting to hurt him right away like Pietro.

"Execute me in eighteen days. What are you two doing here?"

Pietro super sped back over to his sister's side. "At seventeen, after being orphaned for seven years, we were brought here." He glanced at Wanda, who looked like she was going to be sick. The male twin quickly wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

Wanda looked up from the floor. "They made us weapons for war, but we don't know what they have planned for you..."

There was a look of panic in the Avenger's eyes. "They told me that I had 21 days to live. If I was going to be their next weapon of mass destruction, why would they give me 21 days to live?!"

"You're a vital part to the Avengers, so you're temporary to the facility."

"An expiration date. When the twenty-first day is here, the program will be deactivated and they will kill you."

Just a filler/ introduction to Wanda and Pietro's part in this. I didn't really know how to start their part, so bear with it. The next chapter should be Better.

(Update January 18th, 2018. I am currently trying to completely rewrite this chapter. I am just trying to figure out what I can put in this one that doesn't clash with other chapters.)

Sorry for any spelling, grammar, or sentence structure mistakes. No flames please. :)