Betrayed by the Avengers

This will be TWO PARTS in ONE since you guys had to wait forever! Sorry about that!

And feel free to check out my new Clint/Natasha story: Before the War. Let me know what you think! Thank you!

"Should I kill you or should I let the doctors kill you?" Barney smirked as he walked toward his little brother who was currently bleeding out from a bad shoulder wound.

Clint tried to force himself up. Every movement was painful, and his arms trembled as he pressed his hands against the now bloody pavement. A blunt force, also known as the rough bottom of Barney's boot, kicked against his back and forced him to smack his chest against the ground again. 

"You were always the favorite," Barney snarled, forcing Clint with his foot to roll over onto his back to face him. He aimed the gun at his brother's head.

The archer panicked and looked up once he heard police sirens growing closer to their location. He yelped when a bullet exploded close to his right ear, a warning shot. "Don't move!" Barney snapped, "I'd like there to be an audience when I kill you."

"You're asking for capital punishment?" Clint struggled to breath as blood oozed out of his shoulder wound

"Unlike you and Romanoff, I always have an extraction plan." He smirked, preparing to fire another shot. "I enjoyed watching you squirm and cry for help back at the facility. You were helpless, and your Avenger friends never knew what the hell was actually happening to you. They were stupid enough to think you were being treated at an actual hospital. After you escaped, the twins and the Winter Soldier went off our radar." 

"Clint!" Both brothers looked behind them as Captain America's shield flew over Clint's head and into Barney's chest, sending him crashing against the pavement. The Avenger watched his brother struggle to push his body off the ground and look up at them.

The archer scrambled to his feet as he fearfully watched his older brother get up. Barney pressed a button on the band around his wrist, there was a bright light, then he was gone. But why? In an instance, he felt a hand wrap around his wrist and pull him away. It was all in slow motion as Clint cried out in pain and dropped to his knees; he held his bloody shoulder in pain as he gritted his teeth. Blood soaked through his jacket. 

"You're not a threat." Clint shakily looked up at Steve, hearing the words he has wanted to hear since he first woke up in Avengers tower after the facility brainwashed him to attack it. "But you do need a doctor."

The archer immediately jumped back and shook his head in fear. He had never been a fan of any medical staff, but the fear definitely intensified during his time at the facility. 

Cap sighed and strapped the shield to his back before reaching into his jacket pocket. "That's how I thought you would react..." 

Once Clint noticed light glare off the needle after Steve popped the cap off with his thumb, he waited for him to go for the side of his neck before grabbing the captain's wrist. The needle was inches away from his flesh and Clint was determined to not let it come any closer.