The Mating Tournament

Alright guys, this story just came to me on a whim. I'm not sure how far ill go with it, so tell me what you think and if I should continue.

*****************************

Chapter 1- Chloe POV

"Britney! If you don't scoot over right now, I swear I'm going to slap you!" I screeched as I tried to wriggle as for left, into the car door as possible.

"Look, Chloe, it's not my fault Summer is taking up all the room!" Summer barely started screaming "I am not!" Before our fathers voice echoed from the front drivers seat.

"If you three girls don't stop bickering I'm going to drive faster, and we will get there 15 minutes earlier than we planned!" All three of us immediately stopped fighting. We didn't want to get to our destination any faster than the kids in the cars following ours.

See, our "community" wasn't really a community but a pack. We are werewolves. My father is the Alpha of our pack and my mother the Luna. Our pack, named after my family, the Holtz pack wasn't one of the strongest or biggest packs out there, but we held our own.

Normally in werewolf romance stories that I have read werewolves find their mates and and live happily ever after. However, I regret to inform that that is not the way things go in real life. Every year when younger packmates become the "mating age" (17 or older) they have to participate in a tournament to find a mate to bond with. This has nothing to do with love, this is survival. And each wolf in my pack, including me and my two sisters are dreading it.

In the tournament the females must fight against each other to determine our ranking of strength. The males are put in order by rank in the pack, so they don't need to participate in this. Then the females fight each male one at a time, going up in ranking of make until they fight a male who they can't beat. That pair are determined to be mates.

If a female can beat all of the males they move on to fight another pack, until they find a male who can beat them. That is what has happened to me and a few of my other packmates. This will be our third tournament, and most likely our last. The pack we are fighting against, the Botolli pack, is one of the strongest packs on the east coast. We will be the first pack to fight with them this season.

Once you have bonded to your mate you must stay with their pack, which is why I am dreading this most of all. Being the oldest sister I had been determined to succeed my father for the Alpha title in our pack, which is very rare for a female to do. If I become mated this round I will lose all hope if doing that. But if I can make it unscathed I will not have to participate anymore, I will be determined "unbeatable."

Me and my sisters eyed each other cautiously as we saw signs indicating we had passed into the tournament grounds. Havering participated in three tournaments before this the three of us and the 2 other females left in our group had already fought each other and been ranked. I had been determined most powerful, then Summer, Britney, Rachel, and Chanel was last out of all the females left here.

All this meant was that I would be going first. Which isn't optimal because the males would be strongest on me, trying to get the strongest female. My sisters tried calming me down by patting my arms and playing with my hair while we drove into the parking lot, but once I saw the crowds of people my stress levels spiked.

The tournaments are broadcast live on a special all werewolf channel. Just so other packs will be informed of the new leaders and matches made, just in case it affected any alliances they had. Plus, I believe many find it some form of (sick) entertainment.

There were males walking around everywhere, they were most likely from the Botolli pack, but I was to occupied in trying the calm myself to inquire to their smell.

"Alright Chloe, out of the car," my dad said. I shocked myself out of my stress induced stupor enough to realize both my sisters and mother had left the car and were being bombarded by sniffing males on their way inside of our cabin. My father was the last one in the car. This fact didn't shock me, my father and I were closer than anyone else. If anybody would stay with me it was him.

"Yeah, of course it is." I grumbled opening my door and jumping to the grass covered ground. The guys who had surrounded my sisters now came flocking to me-to size me up. And it annoyed the crap out of me.

I kept walking, trying to ignore the sniffing males. After approximately 6 steps it got to be too much and I snapped. I let out a loud growl and bared my elongated fangs at the swarming crowd. Most of the backed off, but a select few followed closely behind me.

Once inside I followed my sisters scent to our room and began to sort through my things looking for my running clothes.

"What are you doing? Going for a run?" Britney asked.

"Yeah, in want to train before the rounds start tomarrow."

"That's just silly, you're not gong to get stronger in one night. It will just make you more tired." Summer added.

"Guys, I really just need something to distract me right now. I'm just going for a jog, not lifting weights, I'll be fine." I started to walk from the room and collided with my father in the hallway. He took one look at my clothes and directed me towards the back exit of the cabin, so I could find the woods in peace.

I started my jog in human form, but my wolf soon tired of being pent up and running at a slow human speed. She begged for release, and I gave it to her, shredding my clothes in the process.

I lurched forward at a much faster speed after I shifted into my white wolf. Unfortunately I wasn't pure white, I had black tufts at the tip of my ears and tail. But other than that I was all white.

Once I caught the scent of a rabbit I started to hunt, playing with it before I would come at it full speed. I only felt a little guilty at antagonizing my prey, but it entertained me. I was so distracted I didn't notice the slight shift in my surrounding area. As soon as I did, however, I assed the looming trees around my clearing.

I scented out a male immediately, so he was either bad at concealing himself or he wasn't trying. I growled in warning and lowered my head over my now dead meal. Instinctively protecting my catch.

A large black wolf, easily twice my large size, slowly sauntered from the loom of the trees. I growled again and bared my fangs, but if he noticed my warnings he didn't acknowledge them. He just kept advancing until he sat down in front of me and started sniffing at my dead rabbit.

I snarled loudly and bit at the air in front of his face, but he stood still, looking back and forth between me and my food. It suddenly dawned on me that he was asking permission to share, rather than trying to steal from me.

It felt weird to have a wolf I don't know act so friendly around me, and I was wary of him. I pushed the rabbit toward him with my nose with a "humph" sound and he bargain to nibble at it.

I honestly felt odd being here with a wolf who I could very well likely have as an opponent tomarrow. The tension rose even higher in me when he darted sniffing in my direction. This startled me so much I started to run back to my cabin.

I had expected him to come charging after me, but to my relief he didn't. Mostly likely satisfied that he had gotten the remains of my rabbit without much trouble.

I looked at the wall clock when I got into the house to find it reading 12:07 a.m. I put on my PJ's and went into the bathroom to clean up before bed.

As I looked into the mirror I saw my pale face covered in dirt and blood. My long straight platinum blonde hair filled with leaves and debris and my violet colored eyes wild with nerves. I looked like a wreck. I decided a quick shower would be in order, no amount if face wash would make a dent into this mess.

Shortly after I made my way into bed worrying about the day to come. The rounds would begin tomarrow, and depending on the size of this pack and on my strength we could be here easily for a week. As I fell asleep I went over attack stratifies in my head, weak points I had discovered, and I built up my confidence.

Tomarrow when the games started I would be ready. The Botolli men better be ready.

Let the games begin.