Chapter 11

I would like to thank all my followers (all 18 of you ;)) for supporting me. I am truly blessed that you all read and enjoy my story, and I thank you so much for all the votes and comments. Thanks guys, I really wouldn't be doing this without you.

On a lighter note...or will it be? ;) Here is Chapter 11

POV CHLOE

I coughed. No reaction. Another cough. Nothing. They just kept talking like I wasn't just standing in the doorway. I knew I was going to get yelled at, but did they really have to give me the silent treatment? How old are we anyways? I thought we were adults, but apparently we get to act like children today.

"What's going on?" I asked, breaking the silence. Everybody in the room turned to me. Of course with the exception of Brittney who turned away from me, pouting. I saw the Betas arm release her hand and raise up to rub her back, urging her to relax and play nice.

Maybe that would work on my sister, but it just served to make me angry.

"Are we going to act all happy while he's here then?" My mother grimaced and gave me her widest and most fake smile.

"I don't know what you're talking about, DEAR." Her eyes grew wide and she pointed them towards and empty chair to her left, and the right of the sofa where the two lovebirds and Summer were sitting. I walked and plumped down, crossing my arms. Hopefully making my discontent easy to see.

"Hello Chloe, I don't think we have been formerly introduced. I'm Jackson, Alpha Cooper's Beta." Jackson reached his left hand out, the one that currently wasn't in use consoling my baby sister.

"Nice to meet you." I shook his hand, making sure to squeeze it harder than he did mind, asserting my dominance. I was technically Beta of my fathers pack until I became Alpha. Jackson could assert no dominance over me.

There was awkward silence for a few minutes before Jackson dismissed himself with my sister walking him to the door. By the time she got back all hell broke loose in the family room of the cabin.

"YOU JUST CAN'T STAND FOR ME TO BE HAPPY CAN YOU? YOU HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING!" Brittney stood in front on my chair screaming down at me. I immediately stood up and towered over her 5'6 frame.

"You forget your place, sister. Back down."

She took a step back still glaring at me, as cliche as it sounds if looks could kill I would have been dead.

"Stop! Everybody just stop. I'm Alpha here, so that's an order!" My dad barked from his reclining chair. Summer looked up from the magazine she was reading, obviously uninterested in our little feud. My mother kept her head in her hands, unable to take over the situation.

"Brittney you talk then Chloe can have her say. Chloe your rank in this discussion is irrelevant, we are just speaking as a family right now." He sat back down and reclined his chair, from this point on it would just be a show to him, I guessed.

"I want him. What's your problem with that? How in the world does that affect you? Why do you care who does or does not make me happy?!" I rolled my eyes. Why was it always about men with her, why does one always have to 'make her happy.'

"I don't want to lose you to this pack Brittney, that's why."

"You were going to lose me to another pack eventually! Why not this one! And don't bring that Alpha into this!"

"What do you mean I was going to lose you to another pack? We were all going to beat them and stay together!"

Brittney looked up at me with a sad expression on her face.

"Why did I ever say that Chloe?" She whispered softly.

"Well...I can't...really...remember." I said, trying to think of various conversations we had had about this very moment. I came up blank, she was right. She had never said anything about staying with me.

"Beating all the male's and leading your own pack alone has always been your dream Chlo. But it has never been mine. I support you and what you want because you're my sister, although I think you will regret leaving Alpha Cooper in the end. But I never wanted the lonely pack life like you do. I want to be mated and have my own pups. I want to settle down, and I want to do it with Jackson. Can you support that? Because you're my sister and you know it's what I really want? Can you support me like I support you?"

She had tears running down her cheeks, but her voice never faltered.

"You're braver than I am. I can respect you're decision, if that's what you want. But only if you come visit my pack, all the time. I'll even give you the Beta position, if you want." I smirked, hoping to get a reaction out of Summer but she stayed silent. I only assumed she was really into her magazine.

"Thank you, Chloe."

"You're welcome."

Brittney turned to walk away but stopped and looked back at me.

"You know, it's okay to change your mind about ruling alone as Alpha. I know you like Cooper."

I began growling. "No. I. Don't."

"Please! You've been saying his name in your sleep ever since you met him."

She turned back around and walked out the door, while I stood in the center of the room with my mouth gaping open.

"HA! Hahahahahaha!" Summer dropped her magazine only to reveal her red face and her glistening eyes.

"Why are YOU crying?" I asked glaring at her.

"Be-because it's so tr-tr-true! You do say his name! Hahahahaha!"

"I hate you all, him included." I stormed out.

"Where you going Chloe? To find PRINCE CHARMING?!"

Another burst of laughs echo in the family room behind me this time including that laughs of both my parents.

"I'm going kickboxing, and I'm going to imaging I'm kicking ALL OF YOU while I'm DOING IT!"

More laughs ensue, but I slammed the front door before they could muster another witty remark.

Time to go see if this damned camp had any hard liquor.

********** NEXT DAY**********

"Hey! Summer!" I heaved as I tried to run faster on the mountain trail to get to her. Trying to outrun her in my human form was tough, but my wolf was disconnected from me so I couldn't even shift. Thankfully Summers wolf heard me and stopped.

Seeing that I was in human form she changed, leaving her nude in front of me. To normal people that may seem weird, but as sisters and werewolves it's basically a natural occurrence. It would be different if we were around non family members or our dad but with us it was fine.

"Why didn't you just shift to catch me?" She cocked her head to the side, confused.

"I really like this top, I don't want to shred it."

She looked down at my shirt, a plain dusty white T-shirt, nothing really special and she gave me an odd look.

"Okaaaay. I'm going to pretend that wasn't a lie."

Shit.

"I just wanted to ask you if you wanted the same thing as Brittney. I guess we never talked about us all defeating the males and creating our own pack, and I was under the impression we were all sticking together. So are you with me? Or do you want a mate too?" She looked at the ground and began rocking back and forth.

"I want a mate..." She whispered. If I hadn't had good werewolf hearing I wouldn't have heard it.

"Look, Summer, you don't have to feel guilty about it. I just wanted to know. It's okay, really." I patted her arm, I didn't want her to feel bad for having a mate. Some, okay most, females chose that. I just didn't.

"It's not that, I don't feel bad about that."

She lifted her head and looks around, then sniffed the air.

"What are you looking for?"

Her eyes focused back on me and she sighed.

"Eavesdroppers. Look I want to tell you something because I think you will understand. Or at least, I know you can keep a secret if I ask you to."

"Of course, what is it?" She was beginning to worry me. I would never tell a secret that wasn't mine, but if there was something wrong I wouldn't be able to keep it to myself.

"Swear you won't judge me?"

"Summer! I swear."

"You have to try to grasp how hard this is for me! Only one other person knows! I don't want anybody to hate me for it..."

"Summer you're scaring me, just tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing is wrong...it's just...Chloe..I'm a...ummm..."

"Summer!"

"I'm a lesbian. There!"

I just stared at her. This was shocking, I mean I have known her my whole life and never had I ever even thought she might like girls.

"Why did you ever think that would make me hate you?" I asked, she seemed taken aback.

"For our kind to be a lesbian and not mate with a male-"

"I don't give a shit about what our kind think." She gaped at me.

"You're my sister. That's all I care about."

She flew into my arms and hugged me.

"So this...I don't...bother you?!?" She was crying into my shoulder and I squeezed her.

"What bothers me is that you thought I would hate you enough that you told someone before me." I said tickling her. I was never great at handling crying people, so getting her to laugh was my main objective at this point.

"Well the only other person who knows is Charlotte."

"Who is that?"

Her small smile grew into a breathtaking smile, and I could suddenly guess who Charlotte was.

"My girlfriend."

"Wow! Summer! That's great! How long have you guys been dating?"

"About a year. Oh, Chloe, you're going to love her! She is so stubborn just like you! You guys are going to be best friends!"

"Well I can't wait to meet her! So you are going to try and defeat all the males with me then?"

Her face paled and she became less giddy.

"That's the thing, I went into my second match today and almost got pinned. I'm not as strong as you are Chloe, I won't be able to fight them all off. I need your help."

Suddenly it was my face that paled and not hers.

"You need me to talk to Cooper about it don't you." I already knew her answer, just like she knew I would do it. Anything for my sisters.

"I'm sorry, I know you are trying to stay away from him. If I had any other option I wouldn't even ask! I promise."

"I'll talk to him, but I won't promise anything."

She gave me another hug then pulled away grinning.

"That's all I could ask for, thank you."

"I love you Summer, no matter what."

"I love you too."

That's the end of the chapter.

So...I never expected that to happen. Believe it or not I really don't plan these chapters out, they just kind of happen. So Summer liking girls was not really something I had planned on...but it feels pretty right for her character. Tell me what you think!

Vote

Comment!

Thanks for reading!

Fairwinds LOVLIES!