Chapter 19

Cooper POV

Chloe's father and mother were waiting for me at the gates, as well as the leader of the Tournament Committee. Her mother had a worried expression on her face, but her father was all business. It would be interesting to see who he sided to help, me or Chloe.

"She's gone." I said as I walked up to the small group. They all turned to look at me, and the Committee leader stared at me with narrowed eyes.

"You haven't even fought with her in the tournament, how could you even know she's your match?"

My aggression level was already spiked due to the fact that Chloe was gone, and now this random wolf was deciding to question my intentions. My wolf wasn't having it.

I turned to the middle aged wolf and grabbed his neck, lifting him off the ground.

"You will shut the fuck up, do you understand? You know nothing of me and my Luna. Your next words could mean your death, Omega."

I dropped the choking man to the ground and turned to address Chloe's father as the man struggled for air.

"Will you help me find her, or help her stay hidden?"

His shoulders hunched, but his overall exterior stayed strong. His hands lifted to run through his receding hairline, and his wife gave him a stern look.

"I had a sneaking suspicion that Chloe might pull something like this. That she would continue to fight her emotions, and get so closed off that she felt running away would be the only answer. I didn't raise her a coward. I will help you find her, of course."

I nodded.

"Do you have any idea where she would go? Back to your pack's territory? To a relatives house?"

Her father rolled his eyes at my suggestions, and her mother continued to look between us like a deer in headlights.

"I didn't raise her to be stupid. She wouldn't go anywhere so obvious if she didn't want to be found. Think, Cooper. She is your mate, you should be able to feel her, get a sense of her. Even if you haven't marked her yet. The mate bond runs deep. I fear that's the only way we'll be able to find her."

He was right, of course, but I didn't want him to be. To base such a deduction on feelings alone was not something a good Alpha did. And the most time I took making mistakes the further she got away from me.

"Alright. Then I'll drive, and you follow me. We'll split up when I feel we get closer."

Ready or not. Here I come.

***********************************

Chloe POV

The airport was crowded. I don't know if that works in my favor, or against it. On one hand, I could hide easily. On the other, if Cooper found me it would be easy for him to sneak up on me.

So, naturally, I was on my guard more than ever.

After I had bought my ticket for London waiting in the terminal was the worst part. I had picked London because it wouldn't be a complete culture shock from here, and it would take a longer time to get there, so more space between me and the stupid Alpha.

The waiting time was putting me on edge though. So many chances for someone to sneak up on me, and I probably looked suspicious by how jumpy I was.

"Flight 757 to London will take off shortly, passengers please line up at the gate." The announcer boomed.

Wiping my sweaty palms on my thighs I stood up and tried to keep myself from running onto the plane and demanding they take off.

When I reached my seat I collapsed into it, closing my eyes along the way. I had made it to the safe point.

I hearts the footsteps of other passengers all around me and the mourner of people talking in their chairs. And soon the captains voice announcing our departure came over the intercom.

I felt the plane tilt up into the air, and knowing I was safe I sunk deeper into my chair, allowing the stress to melt off my bones.

I felt the seat next to me dip, and hoped I didn't get a seat mate who would talk my ear off, I just wanted to sleep so I could be rested when I got to London.

"Well, Chloe-Cat, I hadn't really thought about London as a honeymoon spot. Maybe more if Paris. Perhaps we can take a train there once we land."

My eyes flung open and I stared into the brown eyes next to me.

"I hate you!" I screeched.

Multitudes of heads turned our way, and I hoped someone would think something was wrong enough to intercede.

"Oh, honey. I know you're afraid of flying! But look, everything is alright!" Cooper said almost as loud. People turned their stares away from us, determined that I was just a new flyer.

"How." I demanded.

"Oh, kitten. It wasn't that hard. You aren't hard to predict."

"I want to know-"

He put his hand over my mouth, hushing me.

"Know how I found you? What, so next time you can get passed me better? No."

"I will never not run from you, you aren't winning just because we're on the same plane."

He shook his head.

"There are wolves from England's Committee waiting at the gates where we will be dropped off. Your parents are on this flight a few seats ahead of us, and you won't be leaving this plane unmarked."

I looked at him with my mouth agape.

"You can't do that. Not here."

He turned his head forward and closed his eyes.

"Oh, Chloe. I can. You pushed me to my limits, and now I don't have an option. Once you're marked running away won't be an option. There won't be anywhere I can't find you."

"I'll kill myself."

His eyes snapped open and he stared at me.

"Don't be over dramatic."

I started to growl at him, and my fangs started coming down from my jaw.

"Don't be so eager to mark me, kitten. We have a whole plane ride to get that done."

Anger burst through me like an open flame.